VT 2011 Transfer College Board

<p>that sucks man, I would be so ****ed off but yea I definitely will. It just my high school transcript was horrible but I will have over 33 credits after the summers over</p>

<p>I understand that tech is a very stat-based school and I applied for communications as a sophomore with a 3.4, would they really not even consider a gpa lower than 3.5… that’s what i heard from the past =x</p>

<p>I think i’m getting too paranoid…</p>

<p>yea so am I…This wait is killing me</p>

<p>When are we supposed to hear?</p>

<p>I’m sending my hs/college crap tomorrow. Mishap with the registrar.
I know it’s a stat-based school, which is killing me considering i have a terrible hs record. but better college.</p>

<p>Ok Finacially told us he thinks we will hear around the end of February until the end of March. So I am hoping soon. This wait is terrible!</p>

<p>end of February is so soon!! do they do it on a rolling bases?</p>

<p>I found out end of March, but applied way before the deadline. If they do the same thing as last year, they’ll send out 3 notification waves…one in February (mostly people who applied after their 2nd year in CC or aren’t freshmen in college), one in March (people who applied early and some of the lucky ones who applied closer to the deadline), and in the middle of April (everyone else). I think most people ended up finding out in March, at least out of the people I talked to.</p>

<p>They do their admission for transfers on a modified rolling basis…and only few people get lucky in February. I was mad I wasn’t one of them, haha.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I have been waiting for a transfer blog because I want some outside opinions! I am a freshman and I attended East Carolina University in the fall. I took 15 credits and got a 3.47. I transfered to my community college for the spring due to money reasons and I was very unhappy at ECU, and I am taking 17 credits there. My HS gpa was around a 3.1, and I am out of state Just curious what you think my chances of acceptance would be? I really appreciate any help you guys can offer!</p>

<p>thanks financiallylost! that was a lot of help!
hopefully i’m not one of the last ones to find out (although i turned in everything on time and not any earlier haha). Perhaps i’ll be one of the lucky february since i’m a 2nd year :D</p>

<p>Marissa I think you have a good chance.</p>

<p>I am still waiting on a decision. I have a 3.53 after my 3rd semester in CC system. I had a 4.0 last semester and working on the same for this semester. I am hoping that I will be one of the lucky ones that finds out at the end of Feb. I applied December 29 and I am a second year CC Student Soooooo I am just waiting…</p>

<p>“I have a friend who applied from our CC with a 3.9, and DIDN’T get in.”</p>

<p>how many credits did your friend have?</p>

<p>I see the Hokie Bird This morning which means they are checking my transcripts. I have heard that this is a good sign. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.</p>

<p>where does the hokie bird pop up at?</p>

<p>Ater you log in and go to your application Status page it is above all of your personal information. The picture of the hokie bird is before this line information.</p>

<p>Your Transfer Credit Evaluation may be complete.
Check here for specific details.</p>

<p>Ok, Thanks, Nope I still got nothing but have my fingers crossed</p>

<p>wtwmjm what day did you have all of your transcripts etc. sent in?</p>

<p>My CC transcript was in on 1/13/11 and my HS transcript was 1/14/11.</p>

<p>What is your major your transferring into?</p>

<p>I am going to major in Agricultrue.</p>

<p>wtwmjm i have heard that is a very good sign if you see the hokie bird on your status page! </p>

<p>Although, I sent my HS transcripts on Jan. 24 and my status page still says that they have not been processed. The website says 3-4 weeks, but I’m on my 4th week and still nothing. Has that happened to anyone else?</p>

<p>So I guess this means I will be waiting quite awhile for my admissions decision :(</p>