VT Early Decision Admissions

I really hope it’s tomorrow

What’s everyone’s thoughts on today being ‘THE’ day? I am REALLY hoping it is!

I’m really hoping it’s today. My DD already goes to VT and will be driving home by herself tomorrow on 81 (which–warning to any of you hopeful hokies/hokie parents-- is the only really awful thing about tech) and I would much rather obsess over just one kid at a time. :wink:

I am thinking today is it. That gives the administration team tomorrow for close up actions and then a well deserved weekend off after several weeks of review and selection activities. Watch twitter and Facebook

This waiting is so hard!

I know I hate this lol

Waiting is the most stressful. At least we will know before the EA and Reg admission kids. Can’t imagine waiting months!

Yea at least we only have 2 days left to wait. Or less :slight_smile:

It’s killing me and I’m only the mom! I hoping today is “The Day!”

Losing confidence that today is the day :frowning:

I have a feeling that the admissions department is going to hit the button and run out of the door tomorrow! This way, they avoid calls and emails until after the first of the year! ?

Me too?

Lmao!!! That’s exactly what we’re thinking! I’d do the same thing!

It’s just frustrating, since it has been reported that in years’ past, decisions have been posted several days before the reported date. This would be the year when they are NOT - UGH! Guess we will just have to wait ONE more day! :frowning:

there’s a new head of undergraduate admissions. i wonder if he’s changed the trend of giving out news early :frowning:

with a new head of undergraduate admissions, i wonder if he’s changed the policy of giving news early. agree that it sucks.

It would be our luck!

According to the VT staff calendar, it looks like they would still be in the office next week.

Well - the latest it can be, I think is tomorrow. Since they say ‘by the 15th’ and the 15th is Saturday. So, if it’s not today, then it will definitely be tomorrow - unless they work on Saturdays - ugh!

I seem to remember that last year the notifications were in the portal at 6:00 pm. My son applied early decision for Architecture and was deferred. He was admitted with the regular decision and just finished his first semester as a Hokie. If you get deferred, there’s still hope. The high school my son graduated from had more than 20 kids apply early decision and they only accepted 3. Good luck to everyone :slight_smile: