Waitlisted at Purdue. What next?

Decision : Denied/ offer waitlist

Am I put on the waitlist by default, or do I have to enroll for a place on the waitlist?
Is it worth waiting? Do waitlisted people get accepted to engineering? I’ve already been accepted at a couple of places, but Purdue was my first choice.

Applied December 15th. Application completed (Transcripts and LORs) by Jan 15.
Major : Engineering
2070 SAT
International student.

You could wait until March, anyways, its not until May that you have to accept your admission offers at other colleges, so you can wait until then.

@skyblade1234 Thanks!

Oh, I just realized wait list decisions come only after mid-June

No, they can come anytime between now and mid- June. Read this on their website!

Bump

@elysium305 have you gotten in yet? I have very similar stats to yours and the dates are pretty much identical as well.

@kk2508 No, I haven’t. I suppose we’ll hear back from them in the next 2-3 weeks… Do you know if anyone has been accepted from the wait list as yet?

@elysium305 No, I haven’t heard anyone being accepted from the waitlist. BTW I read that Purdue’s yield is roughly 27% http://colleges.startclass.com/compare/1195-4756/University-of-Illinois-at-Urbana-Champaign-vs-Purdue-University-Main-Campus so I think we may have a chance. Anyways where are you applying from and what are your other STATS.

@kk2508 I will most probably not be attending Purdue even if do get in. I’ve already confirmed my admission elsewhere.
I have decent grades and extracurriculars. I’m from India.
Anyways, all the best to you :slight_smile:

Denied/Program Competitiveness

Same ^^^

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((