Waitlisted for Biomedical Engineering?

So I just got waitlisted for Biomedical engineering today. They told me that I could have the option of switching my major and having my application re-evaluated, but I’m not sure whether I should stick with Biomedical Engineering or switch to another major. If I do stick with biomedical engineering, I may have to wait until mid-June to hear back from Purude. What should I do?

It’s really weird because I just got accepted to the University of Michigan for the same major, which is supposedly much harder to get into than Purdue. Why do you think this happened? My ACT is a 33 (34 superscored) and unweighted GPA is a 3.84. I have pretty good ec’s and decent recs and I thought it would be enough to get into Purdue.

I applied bme too, but I got rejected. 1450 sat 4.4 GPA. Honestly it kinda surprised me…I know Purdue engineering is really selective, but I thought bme is not a really “popular” engineering major at Purdue …? It turns out probably I am wrong

@jhu_reject --when did you apply?

@carachel2 I sent in my application on December 24th

@jhu_reject – you were likely rejected because you applied so late. Sad but true. Competitive programs fill up early.

D got accepted Biomedical Eng. in Purdue and U of M. Was moved to second choice for UIUC… I think it has to do with the size of the Biomedical program in each school - how many they can accept each year. I also agree it’s a bit of first come first served mentality