Waitlisted- Honors College Texas A&M

<p>The decisions went out a few days ago for Texas A&M's Honors college, and I was a bit dismayed to see that I had been waitlisted. Here are a few stats about myself:</p>

<p>4.15 GPA
Top 2% of class
34 ACT
250 hours of community service
National Merit Commended Student
Many extracurriculars, including Captain of my school's Spirit Crew, Girl Scouts, NHS, , Tennis, and much more. </p>

<p>I'm still a bit confused as to why I was waitlisted. If it helps, I was accepted into UT's Plan II Honors Program, which is much more competitive and prestigous.
Has anyone else had a similair problem, or know why I might have been waitlisted? How likely is it that I would be accepted off of the waitlist? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Wow! Very impressive stats! It was such a competitive process with only 400 accepted out of 1850 apps. It seems to me that you will get in. I’m sure that several that were accepted may decide to go to other schools. Hang in there! Good luck.</p>

<p>Who’s to know? Your stats are quite impressive! After reading about Plan II, it is quite unique and distinctive. Since the Honors class is limited to the amount of students they can fit in the dorms, it is hard to determine whether or not you will come off the waiting list. Who knows where you are on the waiting list? If Plan II seems right for you, and you want to go to UT, I would definately go that route.</p>

<p>Have you spoken with someone in the Honors department? Maybe they can tell you where you are on the list and what your chances are. The deadline for accepted Honors students to confirm that they will join the program is May 1.</p>

<p>Thank you both! I have called the honors department multiple times and was instructed to leave my name and number, but I haven’t recieved a call back yet. I’ll call again soon and see if they rank the students on the wait list.</p>

<p>My D was also waitlisted. I thought there was something in the letter about being able to take some honors classes? Perhaps you could go that route and reapply after first semster.</p>

<p>I got waitlisted to the honors college but I decided not to go to A&M. So, on the upside, your chances improved slightly :D. I would be shocked though if you didnt get in!</p>

<p>There are other posts with students with apparently similar stats that make the argument that this Honors program is as competitive as any. u.t.'s Plan II is more established, yes, but that does not mean it is more competitive. This is the first year of competitive applications for this honors program. No one knows how likely it is that you will come off the wait list.<br>
If Aggieland is your first choice, then all you can do is wait. There is little to be gained by contacting the university. They have no track record to predict the number of student acceptances of their offer. If you prefer u.t., then it is not important that you were wait listed.
Prestige will ultimately mean little. If you excel in either program, you will be successful and have lots of options. Take heart in your abilities that helped you create your impressive statistics. Many would like to be in your position.</p>

<p>Well I was accepted but I’m not sure if I’m going to A&M. I had lower stats, but I’m a National Hispanic Scholar so I feel like that really helped me in the process. A&M loves National Merit, National Achievement, and National Hispanic Scholars, so I think that those with the distinction had a better chance. I’m sure there will be a few who don’t land up attending so good luck!</p>

<p>Does anyone know how many were wait listed?</p>