What are my chances for UCLA and Berkeley

Here’s some information:

• OUT OF STATE
    -ACT: 33 (32 english, 34 math, 32 reading, 35 science)
    -SAT II: 800 math II, 700 Bio
    -GPA: 17 As, 3 Bs (3.85 UC GPA), 8 AP classes from 9-11th grade
    -Extracurriculars: President of NHS, President of Math Honor Society, Vice President of a UNICEF club, Quizbowl, Debate Team, Lions Club, FBLA, and some other honor societies
    -Awards: FBLA Nationals, AP Scholar with Distinction, and National Quizbowl Competition
    -Supplemental Essays: One of my essays was about a service trip and my commitment to global health, another was about my trip to FBLA nationals, in another one I wrote about working, realizing the value of a dollar, and trying to become more self-sufficient by not using my parents’ money, and the last one was about an Indian cultural society I created.

How do my chances look? Thanks for all your help in advance!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/2127392-faq-uc-historical-frosh-admit-rates-by-hs-gpa-2018.html may help you.

The obvious question-are you willing/able to pay the 65,000 a year for OOS since there will be no financial/merit aid?

UCLA/UCB should be considered Reach schools regardless of your credentials so just wait for your decisions and then you will know your chances.

Thanks @ucbalumnus , turns out I calculated my GPA wrong

@Hamurtle no comment

…and now you know why UCB yield for OOS is so low.

Wonderful attitude by the OP-hope you can afford the UCs if you get in.

not sure what your recalculated UCGPA is, if it is above 4.25, you are probably competitive - of course you will find out soon.

OOS tuition is no joke and there will be no need based aid for OOS students. If you are competitive for one of the top UCs, there are likely to be a number of private schools that will offer a merit based aid package that will make them a better choice.

good luck

@NCalRent Just calculated all of them online: (just sophomore and junior year)

Unweighted GPA: 3.92
Weighted GPA: 4.50
Weighted and Capped GPA: 4.25

Didn’t get into UCLA today