What are my chances of getting into UC schools? (UCLA, UCB, UCSB, UCD)

I know admissions are evaluated holistically but I just want to know my general standings of right now. I’m really looking into getting into UCLA

GPA weighted: 4.72

GPA unweighted: 3.92

UC GPA: 4.14 (I’m really annoyed by this because I had straight A’s 10-11th grade with honors and ap but the fact that I am out of state and only took 3 ap classes at the time AND had 34 classes brought my gpa down)

AP classes: AP psychology, chemistry, English Lang, English Lit, Government, U.S. History, Calc BC

ACT Score: 28 ( I know, pretty underwhelming)

EC: decent variety --Band and marching band (4 years) Band council, Interact club, engineering club, varsity quizbowl, Mu Alpha Theta, varsity cross country, varsity track, (all 1 year) indoor percussion (2 years)

Essays- I think I did really well on these. One of my essays may have fallen into the domain of cliche at the end but they were all pretty creative and unique to me.

I’m an asian Nevadan male… looking into biomechanical engineering.

House hold income is around 29k-32k

Can you afford 65,000 for OOS? Little to no financial aid given.

Be aware that there is normally no financial aid for out-of-state students at UCs. Basically, all are super-reach, since you will need a top-level scholarship that either covers financial aid need for out-of-state students (Regents at UCB and probably UCLA and UCD) or is a full ride (Jacobs at UCSD). Admission only will not be affordable, unless there are some large family savings to pay for your college.

UCLA is a public university without dollars.

OOS students pay full fees of $65k per yr.

There is no funding for nonresidents-no scholarships/grants, nothing.

UCLA/UCB will be a Reach
UCSB/ UCD a High Match (50:50).

Your UC GPA is within range but ACT is a bit on the low side especially for Engineering. What is your ACT Math score and did you take any SAT subject tests (recommended Math 2 and a Science for the UC’s)?

The UC’s do have a higher acceptance rate for OOS applicants but only a few matriculate due to costs. Your stats will not garner you any merit aid (Regents/Chancellor scholarships) so as stated in the above posts, you will be paying around $65K/year to attend.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific. Assume the more competitive majors require above the average stats.

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

25th - 75th percentiles for ACT:
UCB: 30-35
UCLA: 31-35
UCSD: 28-34
UCSB: 28-34
UCD: 26-33
UCI: 26-33
UCSC: 26-32
UCR: 22-30
UCM: 19-26

probably not UCB, UCLA or UCSD. You are competitive for the rest.

Good luck