What is my chance?

<p>If you got high enough of a score on the AP test you're fine. There's a place to see that you got the credit on the my.vt.edu website. A 3 on the AP Calc test is enough, I don't know what the other scores are though. I've never heard of people having trouble getting their AP credits to transfer and a 4 and 5 should be high enough, but go ahead and check with someone just to make sure.</p>

<p>Guillaume, have your daughter email the dean of the college of english (or whatever the college of english is.) They'll either give her an answer or refer her to someone who can. At the very least she will be able to take English honors class which counts as both of the freshman english classes.</p>

<p>The 2 day orientation session this summer will answer many of your questions. Senior AP scores are not available to VT until after scheduling takes place, so take your scores with you (call for the scores, the mailed version may arrive too late to take to your session). You will place out of certain classes with high AP scores, but maybe not the way you expect. For instance my s placed out of Econ macro, but he will still have to take Micro econ to be able to take any other econ course. He placed out of Calc, but still had to take freshman algebra and geometry to be able to take any other math courses. You will have an opportunity to sit with an advisor from your school or major to go over the schedule/courses and make any changes during the second day of orientation.</p>

<p>If your child gets accepted into Honors, they will have "homework" after orientation that must be turned in by the first day of classes. This is the COSP - the Course of Study Planner. Even non-honors would benefit from filling this out. Basically you plan out all four years of study, filling in spaces for core requirements, majors, and/or minors. Extremely valuable tool. It is flexible, you can change your major and whatever, it gets updated every year. It mainly serves as a guide to stay on track, fit in special interests, and to make sure you don't miss some important requirement that will hold you down later. You learn about that during orientation as well.</p>