what kind of scholarships did u receive?

<p>i got the Dean's , $16000 a year.....
but still, i cannot afford umiami.....</p>

<p>Did you fill out fin aid forms? I got 23-25k in finacial aid mony and only like 3500 of that was loans.</p>

<p>yeah miami is great with financial aid. I got 11.5k in grants.</p>

<p>I'm with lilyhoho, pretty much. My parents still have to evaluate the $$. Still, I'm not sure whether Miami is the best choice for me or not yet.</p>

<p>I didn't even apply for financial because I figured my family wouldn't get it anyhow, but it's still a TON of money for my parents to have to pay. </p>

<p>I received no merit money because I was first deferred, then waitlisted and finally accepted. I'm just so excited and honored to be in! It was my number one choice school!</p>

<p>I got basically no financial because of my fafsa, only a single $3500 loan. I did get the University Scholarship so that eliminates about half of the cost....but still leave Miami wuite expensive</p>

<p>DS got 11K trustee scholarship (44K total) but he has opted to go to Univ. of Md...so I guess one of you might get some more $$$..we are OOS</p>

<p>BTW UMD only gave 2K (8 total for 4 yrs)...OOS OUCH!</p>

<p>Is it possible to apply for a scholarship after your first year at UMiami?</p>

<p>I received the 11k scholarship, but no aid save for the stafford loan. I'm visiting on Wednesday, if I decide it's the place for me should I request more money?</p>

<p>i got the singer scholarship--full tuition for four years
no financial aid tho</p>

<p>16,000. which was cool because I'm not even in the top 10% or my class. but I got a 1400 on my SATs and I go to a very very competitive school, so my rank is lower than normal.</p>

<p>
[quote]
got the singer scholarship--full tuition for four years
no financial aid tho

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I think full tuition counts as your financial aid...how much more did you expect?</p>

<p>Don't give out hope for money. I'm sure lots a kids are like my son. He received the University Scholarship. He hasn't told UM yet but he will be going to Georgetown. Best of luck to all. GO HOYAS</p>

<p>Can you fin dout if you got a scholarship on MYum? Or is it just by mail...cuz I haven't gotten anything and I'm sorta worried. Miami is prob. my top choice. I also heard they only give 16k/yr for transfers total, which actually isn't nearly enough even if I were to get it. Argh. Lucky freshmen!!! Lol.</p>

<p>Yeah, it should be under the financial tab on MyUM. It's harder as a transfer to get scholarships. I got a rinkydink grant and an automatic loan and I had a 4.0, and a 1390 SAT. But, I have less than 30 college credits (29) so HS counted too.</p>

<p>omg hurrycane ... 29 creds, that's REDONK! Well, I know that at LEAST my college gpa qualified me for scholarship...idk. If I don't get it I can't go which is so depressing!!</p>

<p>Yep, 2 semesters of 13 credit hours and 6credits from HS = 29. Good luck!</p>

<p>thx!! i didnt have a 4 in college so i guess i can give up hope ha.</p>

<p>Yeah, but you went to a better school (Tulane?) than I did. Don't give up hope, although I did when people told me that most transfers received scholarship info in their acceptance packet.</p>

<p>Ha what!? I called admissions and they said you find out like near a month after you got your acceptance. ARgh. Well good luck to you at any rate!</p>