What stores/restaurants would you like to see come to T-Town

<p>IHOP is on Skyland…so not close enough to the school to be convenient. </p>

<p>Since T-town is a growing town, there seems to be more opportunities for businesses to come and expand.</p>

<p>The lack of seven-day alcohol sales holds back of lot of business, I believe.</p>

<p>Well…isn’t that coming up for a vote next month?</p>

<p>And…that doesn’t affect stores or food venues that don’t rely on alcohol sales…like Steak n Shake or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.</p>

<p>I have heard that the no booze on Sundays has discouraged some hotels, though.</p>

<p>Next week, in fact. I also think that just when the developments were starting to roll in one after another, the economy tanked. Otherwise, I think we’d see Midtown filled up and other major developments springing up in Northport and the eastern part of town on Skyland and Buttermilk Rd (exits 76 and 77 on I- 59). Basically, I think it’s only a matter of time before we see more things opening up in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Whole foods Market. D really misses Whole Foods deli & hot bar.</p>

<p>Midtown Village is always hopping. Since it isn’t “full” yet, there’s potential there for more businesses to go in, but I think it will soon need a parking structure somewhere.</p>

<p>Wings U hasn’t been open long, but it’s always busy. It’s fun to look at all the Crimson Tide stuff inside. There’s over 50 flatscreens in there…sports everywhere.</p>

<p>Yes, I can’t believe they didn’t build some sort of parking deck for Midtown. It needed a design similar to Parkway Place in Huntsville or Brookwood Village in Birmingham where the parking deck is underneath the shops, but they wanted (wrongly, IMO) to emulate the Summit.</p>

<p>I’m not sure if there is room for a parking structure perhaps either behind or to the south side. I don’t think they want one smack dab in the front like the one in Huntsville.</p>

<p>First off, I would like something that is affordable. I’d love for In-N-Out to come to Tuscaloosa, but they have no intentions of moving out of CA/NV/AZ/UT. A restaurant with low prices and daily specials, possibly subsidized with a lounge, would be nice. Red Robin would do well. I know people who make a special trip to Birmingham just to eat there. Also, a corporate-owned Starbucks (aka not Bama Dining) closer to campus would be great.</p>

<p>More feasibly, I’d love to see a taco truck parked at the BP on the strip. While I enjoy Tex-Mex, you can’t beat actual Mexican Food.</p>

<p>A major nationwide grocery store like Kroger (which left Tuscaloosa in the 1970s), Safeway, or Albertsons would be good competition for Publix. </p>

<p>Maybe with the new governor, one of UA’s foundations could start a charity bingo parlor (ages 19+ admitted) near campus and offer gambler’s food specials.</p>

<p>How about a Trader Joe’s? Much less expensive than Whole Foods and really good organic produce, meats, cheese and more natural prepared foods. This would be more in line with a student’s budget.</p>

<p>I agree with robotbldmom that Tuscaloosa needs a Trader Joe’s.</p>

<p>Yes to Trader Joe’s</p>

<p>There aren’t any in the state…nearest ones are in Atlanta…so, not toooo far. But, they’d probably get put in B’ham, first.</p>

<p>You guys need to push for a Genghis Grill. Reasonably prices, fairly healthy and the kids love it.</p>

<p>Mongolian BBQ where you pick your own meats, veggies and sauce.</p>

<p>The one here in Memphis is always packed and they are just now moving into Alabama.</p>

<p>Seatide - we are getting an In-N-Out in Fort Worth, Texas this summer. They are getting closer to Alabama!</p>

<p>I agree with MemphisGuy on Genghis Grill!</p>

<p>We have a Genghis Grill here in Kansas City…love it! My D wishes T-town had a Dean and Deluca…won’t happen but she wishes :)</p>

<p>Although I loved going to the unique dining in Tuscaloosa (Mellow Mushroom, DePalma’s, etc.), I do have to agree that Cheddars, Cain’s and Trader Joe’s would be great additions. Cheddars in Texas have a ‘from scratch’ kitchen that really does taste better, Cain’s puts some addictive substance in their secret sauce, and Trader Joe’s has dozens of healthy, inexpensive grocery and deli items under their own brand.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>We love Cheddars…we got one in Huntsville not too long ago and it’s always busy.</p>

<p>Cheesecake Factory! That would be amazing. As far as stores, I can’t think of any specific ones, but the mall here is terrible, and I would love to see some new additions.</p>

<p>I wanted to add that there is a Logan’s. It’s on Skyland in front of Walmart. There’s also a Sonic on 15th that’s closer than the one on Skyland.</p>

<p>If this is the same Cheddar’s that I ate at in Tennessee, I wasn’t wowed. Seemed like your garden variety Ocharleys/Ruby Tuesday type place. Cheesecake Factory is the Jack in the Box of “upscale” chain restaurants : they make up for forgettable food by using a menu with nonsensical variety.</p>

<p>I would love a PF Changs in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it was the same or not. </p>

<p>I wouldn’t say that it’s “run of the mill” like Ruby Tuesdays (which I don’t like) at all.</p>

<p>Cheddars has an interesting menu, good prices, and good food. Believe me, the lines wouldn’t be as long as they are if it was like a typical restaurant.</p>

<p>But, now that you’ve mentioned Tennesee. There’s a restaurant in the Gatlinburg area…Carino’s Italian…it is a chain…but it also had really good food.</p>

<p>As for mall in T-town…since it’s across from Midtown Village which is so popular, I can see the mall getting some kind of expansion sometime in the future.</p>