What stores/restaurants would you like to see come to T-Town

<p>Does anyone know what that new Federal building in Downtown will be used for? It’s huge and looks like it will have nice architecture. </p>

<p>With it being completed, I suspect that more food venue will go in that area as well.</p>

<p>Ok…I’m compiling my list to send to T-town mayor…</p>

<p>If anyone has any additions…</p>

<p>I went to the Cheddar’s just once (it was in Kingsport, TN), so I was not able to get a good feel for it. It just didn’t seem to be anything very special. But to be honest few chain restaurants wow me. I like to see them come more because they are an indicator of the economic vitality of the area. </p>

<p>I would like to see in terms of chain restaurant a higher-quality Italian chain than Olive Garden, something like Carrabas’s or Romano’s.</p>

<p>carinos is good. i like it way better than olive garden.</p>

<p>Romanos would be good.</p>

<p>Pappadeux Restaurant</p>

<p>I would LOVE to see an Amerigo’s in Tuscaloosa. I live near the original near Jackson, MS. They have amazing Italian for a little higher price than most chains. However, the food is worth it.</p>

<p>Since PF Changs is in Huntsville and B’ham, it wouldn’t be too far to put on in T-town. They like to be in outside mall atmospheres, but I don’t know if Midtown Village has a big enough spot for one.</p>

<p>Bumping to add …</p>

<p>Dunkin Donuts</p>

<p>Have you talked to the mayor about any of this yet?</p>

<p>pei wei would be a better alternative than pf changes for a college town.</p>

<p>Gotta get a Shipley’s Do-Nuts here. I mean, there’s one in Starkville, MS…c’mon!</p>

<p>I don’t get the Dunkin Donuts thing, one on every corner here and nothing too special but i do love the coffee.
I vote for BD’s Mongolian Barbeque!</p>

<p>pei wei</p>

<p>I agree that a Pei Wei would be great.</p>

<p>that said, T-town isn’t just a college town. It has a pop of 100k…that’s too big to be a “college town”. And, the T-town metro area is very large.</p>

<p>T-town has enough population and activity to support a PF Changs. It’s not more expensive than Wings U or Iguana Grill and those places are always busy. </p>

<p>*Have you talked to the mayor about any of this yet? *</p>

<p>I sent a summary list of these recommendations last spring, but I forgot to follow up with it after getting distracted with son’s PhD college visits.</p>

<p>We have a BD’s :)…close t our house. DD’s boyfriend from Muscle shoals loves to go there every time he visits! I personally like Flat Top Grill. T-Town will never get one but I LOVE Dean and Deluca…or Famig’s Pizza.</p>

<p>Oh my…just saw the “stores” part…We need an Anthropologie, a J Crew, a Nordstrom and a Madewell would be nice and also an H&M…I know that Antro and J Crew are in B’ham but T-Town would be nice…</p>

<p>The chain restaurants in this area (DC and suburbs) that all the students enjoy are PF Changs, Maggiano’s (upscale family style italian), Cheesecake Factory, Brio’s (italian grill), California Pizza Kitchen, Vappiano’s (pasta). In 'N Out, good mexican, a hip coffee house with great weekend breakfasts (including out of state Sunday papers), local seafood place (Alabama version of a crabhouse or clam shack) would be terrific - you probably have a local favorite from the gulf area. What about a pie shop that is open until midnight then 2am or later on the weekend? (That was our favorite when I was in college in the Pacific Northwest). Whole Foods (or Trader Joes). Think about all the cool places that Chapel Hill or Austin or Charlottesville have. Fun to think about all of this !!</p>

<p>Oh and Stores!!! Urban Outfitters, Anthro, JCrew, Sephora for certain!!</p>

<p>The state of Alabama has Anthropology, JCrew and Sephora… just not in T-town yet. </p>

<p>But definitely in B’ham and Huntsville. Also, has PF Changs and Calf Pizza Kitchen (CPK). </p>

<p>Urban Outfitters is also in Bham…along with Cheesecake Factory.</p>

<p>T-town needs these places, too!</p>

<p>Also a Trader Joes!!!</p>

<p>alpimommy, I remember that Nordstrom wanted to build a store in the Hoover Galleria, but those plans were indefinitely delayed due to the economy. A Nordstrom Rack would also be good.</p>

<p>I still can’t figure out why Tuscaloosa doesn’t have a Ross. It would be very popular with the non-student population of Tuscaloosa and could be centrally located at the University Mall.</p>

<p>As for Trader Joes, I could see it being being very popular with the student population as it has a variety of healthy and internationally-themed foods. I can also see 3 Buck Chuck quickly becoming very popular among non-students and older students in Tuscaloosa.</p>