What stores/restaurants would you like to see come to T-Town

<p>I’d like to see a Whole Foods market open in Tuscaloosa as well.</p>

<p>^^^Well, Nashville is a much bigger market than Tuscaloosa and we’re JUST getting a Nordstrom’s this fall; opening September 16th, not that I’m waiting ;)</p>

<p>Nashville also just got a Trader Joe’s within the past two years; alas TN liquor laws do not allow wine sales in grocery stores, so no 2 buck Chuck for us. </p>

<p>An Aldi’s supermarket would probably do well in Tuscaloosa. </p>

<p>And a Chuy’s restaurant. They’re big with folks from TX and I know there’s a bunch of students from there.</p>

<p>Trader Joes!!! And yes, Whole Foods or Earth Fare, or some other high end store. NJersey you hippie you!</p>

<p>Souplantation, or LettuceSurpriseYou as well.</p>

<p>I go Eric Cartman on hippies :-). I only go to Whole Foods for dog biscuits. My puppy loves the whole paws tiny bite dog biscuits.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I don’t have a Whole Foods within an hours drive of me. I don’t have a Chipotle within an hours drive either. Mom2ck I need you to send this list to Chris Christie as well :-)</p>

<p>Trader Joes just opened in the KC area, and from what my friends are saying (I’m already back in T-town) it’s pretty glorious. No 2-buck chuck though, that’s only for California (it’s $3 elsewhere).</p>

<p>^People will still buy multiple cases of 2 Buck Chuck even if it does cost $3+tax. RobD, it’s sad that you can’t get wine at TJ stores in TN as that is a specialty of Trader Joe’s.</p>

<p>An alternate use of this thread is to create a list of stores/restaurants that one needs to visit before heading down to Tuscaloosa for a long period of time. I guess I’ll just have to get my Nordstrom shopping done here (VERY easy to do in Seattle) and pack a suitcase full of food that I can’t easily get in Tuscaloosa. :)</p>

<p>I read through the thread and didn’t see this mentioned. I would DIE for a Ross in Tuscaloosa. I know there’s one in Birmingham because finding a Ross store in Alabama was one of the first things I did upon enrolling. It’s kind of like TJ Maxx (but better, I think, because it doesn’t focus specifically on brand names). They sell everything from clothes to home decor. Okay, well, they sell mostly clothes and home decor. Really good prices. I just got some really nice jeans there yesterday, and prices ranged from $5.99 to $19.99. It’s also where I did most of the shopping for my dorm decor. I think it’d be great for anyone on a budget… specifically, a college student budget.</p>

<p>I don’t see a Nordy’s coming to T-town soon. There isn’t one in Alabama anywhere. :(</p>

<p>But if Nashville is getting one, then I imagine that B’ham and/or Huntsville is next.</p>

<p>notan_oxymoron, I agree (and posted something similar in another thread). The nearest Ross stores are off I-20/59 exit 108 and then exit 1 off I-459 (very easy to visit when coming from the airport), one next to the Hoover Galleria, one over in the Mountain Brook area of Birmingham, and one off of I-65 northwest of Birmingham.</p>

<p>We got an Earth Fare in Montgomery within the past year. And we have a Ross. The rule of thumb in Alabama really should be if Montgomery has it, every other notable city should… I mean, we lost Barnes & Noble and don’t even have 24-hour Wal-Marts. I would agree that a place like Earth Fare would be great. That place is awesome.</p>