What's the last day for accepting/declining admission?

If anyone knows :slight_smile:
I can’t find it anywhere on the admissions website.

Hi, @SerenePotato. Last year, it was early May. However, if you are accepted and are interested in attending TAMU, you will want to go ahead and register for the NSC, the New Student Conference when that link comes available. It’s been a year now, so I’m a little rusty on the details, but I do know that those who accept their admission immediately get priority housing, which is very valuable when you get into the spring and have the opportunity to choose your dorm. Worse case scenario is that you lose your NSC deposit, which I believe for us was around $100-125 last year. We felt it was worth it to go ahead and get registered as soon as he was accepted. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.

May 1 is the deadline for accepting/declining admissions.
An accepted student has 30 days to submit housing application (along with non refundable app fee) and the housing deposit, which is refundable 100% before May 1, should you end up not attending A&M.

Ditto what @rvhappynow says about NSC. Once you are able, do register for your nsc. Make sure your major is presenting on the date you choose. You can change the nsc date later to another date, as long as it’s still open.

Just to clarify. You can register for NSC (and pay deposit) and then wait to accept admission until scholarship info, etc. is received…so as late as 5/1?

We already did housing application with non refundable fee. Did not have to pay housing deposit (dorm). After seeing some of these threads I was concerned that I had missed something so called res life and they said they are no longer doing the deposit. Has anyone else been given this answer?

@Tuppence
you must accept your admissions decision to register for NSC. http://newaggie.tamu.edu/faqs/
A&M considers your registration for NSC as a commitment to attend. If you accept and change your mind, you will need to formally withdraw your application.

You do not have to accept admission decision to submit the housing application.

You must accept your decision and have an NSC registration date by May 1.
You MUST sign up for a New Student Conference by May 1st in order to accept your admittance to Texas A&M. You can do this through the Howdy Portal/AIS page, and those who do not have a NSC date by May 1st may have their housing cancelled, so don’t forget!

You also will not be able to select your room, which begins in mid April, until you accept admission and register for NSC

https://newaggie.tamu.edu/freshmen/prepare-for-your-nsc/nsc-registration