When can a new transfer buy a parking pass?

<p>My oldest DS just transferred to Bama for Spring 2012 after seeing how much his younger brother likes it! Spring semester’s Bama Bound was yesterday, and that was his first opportunity to register. So he registered yesterday afternoon. He then dropped by the parking office to try to buy a permit, and they said he is not in their system yet. Likewise, he finds that he can’t buy a parking permit on MyBama, because it says his account “does not exist” in their system. </p>

<p>Do any of you know how this works? How long does it take for the parking office to “see” newly registered students?</p>

<p>Not in their system yet??? School started today!</p>

<p>I would call Transportation myself (have your kids’ CWIDs), and get this straightened out. </p>

<p>I’m guessing that each son has a car with need his own parking permit? </p>

<p>I don’t think anyone else here has had a mid-year transfer student, so probably no one has had this experience. I do think that is the issue. </p>

<p>Call them…</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.bamaparking.ua.edu/[/url]”>http://www.bamaparking.ua.edu/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Location
Student Services Center, Room 103
Office Hours
Monday thru Friday, 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Telephone
(205) 348-5471</p>

<p>When both boys were sharing one car for a short time, I called them to arrange to have S1’s ACT card coded so that he’d have access to Ridgecrest South’s parking structure (where S2 was living). They handled the whole thing over the phone and had everything fixed in about 5 minutes.</p>

<p>Ain’t that the truth! Thank you - what would I do without you!? :slight_smile: Yes, each son has his own car. </p>

<p>I called them, and the guy who answered was nice - and he said that there are a lot of people who registered yesterday and are in the same boat. He said the students had temporary 10 day permits and that by tomorrow morning they should be able to buy their permits.</p>

<p>Oh good, they had a solution…temp passes. Hope it all works out.</p>