Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

<p>Thanks for the heads up, cogitocoffee. I was hoping that they would send an email/update the CCbasecamp page on the decision day. I’ve been counting down to the 15th for my ED1 decision, but maybe I should start counting down to the 22nd just in case. I’m trying to chill out, but I’m so excited it’s difficult to wait! I might have to call admissions just to see what to expect and when it should come, but I don’t want to bother them.</p>

<p>07DAD, that’s interesting that they also did the EA -> ED option in the past. I applied straight Early Decision from the get-go, so hopefully that will help my chances.</p>

<p>Do you know if the ED acceptances start to come in before the EA ones do? The CC website has some conflicting information on it; in one section it says “mid December” but in another it says December 22nd, whereas the College Board website says December 15th. I looked back at last year’s thread and it looked like some ED applicants were receiving their packets as early as the 13th. I’ve been hoping for the 15th (8 days left!) Do you have any idea when I can expect anything?</p>

<p>Thanks to all for posting here. This is a great little group and it’s nice to see a little bit of banter as we all wait for our packets to come!</p>

<p>Since you have read the prior threads, you have the benefit of the reports of what actually has happened in prior years. My recall was that at least as to acceptances, CC sent them out by (and mostly before) the “advertised” date.</p>

<p>Awesome! Hopefully I’ll know far before the 22nd then! Thanks a lot! </p>

<p>This is so exciting!</p>

<p>@07dad
you are right on the reason to press conversion of ea to ed. the class with the dorm issues was my son’s freshman class in 08. the yeild was much higher than they though it would be out of ea and rd. it took them all year to get the freshmen two to a room (in many cases 3 or sometimes 4 were jammed into a double). it was apparently NOT a happy experience. son was lucky, got that room deposit in IMMEDIATELY so he was not put in that situation. it was those who were not quite as quick on the old room desposit that got penalized. STILL, i don’t think even ONE of those students would say it was not worth it, and i don’t think cc lost a single freshman because they all wanted to be there – 3 to a room or not!!</p>

<p>Well my S is happy right now that he converted… I’m just biting my nails and WAITING!! It is SO hard because of it is the holidays and my S has finals all next week… if the news is not good from CC, it might be a REALLY tough week for him. My S also requested Winter Start… I have mixed feelings about that, but he wants to hike the PCT, and takes 5 months… so even if he leaves right after his school gets out he won’t be done till October. Does anyone know anyone who has started in Winter?</p>

<p>For what it’s worth, two years ago my son was accepted EA and the packet arrived on December 24. Don’t remember if it was fed ex or regular mail, though… IIRC, there were posts on CC of ED students getting notices about a week before that. BTW, son didn’t get any email asking him to switch to ED, and was accepted with nice merit aid. Still, getting such an email can only be good news. I mean, it would be pretty lame to reject someone after begging them to switch to ED!</p>

<p>does anyone know 100% if the EA/ED status change emails were sent to all EA applicants?</p>

<p>I received an e-mail but I’m pretty sure every EA applicant received one. I know several others that also got an e-mail. not 100% though</p>

<p>There a few people that I know who did not get one… so I guess not everyone gets one… but I’m sure a lot do. If you look at last years thread on the subject, not everyone got one either. I do think it is a way to control their yield. My S wanted to do ED at the start, but he didn’t because I talked him out if it because of FA. I decided to let him go ahead with the ED, as I did the online calculator and if it is anywhere close, we will be fine. It is definitely his #1 choice.</p>

<p>Only around a week left for ED results!! Ahh I’m so nervous! 5boys, I am jealous that your son is hiking the PCT! It is definitely on my bucket list haha.</p>

<p>Outdoors… I think we will hear something by Monday or Tuesday… on last years thread the ED results were there on Monday the 13th… this year Monday is the 12th…So, I just have a feeling… maybe someone should call and ask… I’m afraid to because I am only the mom… I don’t think my S even knows what day they are going to be released… which I am happy about because it will be a surprise. Outdoors, if you and my S both end up at CC… you guys HAVE to meet… LOL!! I’m already matchmaking… but seriously, you guys are too much alike… come to think of it, maybe it would be better to just be best friends…</p>

<p>Ahh I really hope I get in! Hardly anyone at my school is outdoorsy. I cannot wait to be surrounded by people who love hiking and getting outside! It would be so nice to get to know your son! We would definitely get along.</p>

<p>Okay… someone on here needs to call the admissions office and ask them if ED decisions have been mailed… the suspense is killing me… I think they were mailed on Friday…</p>

<p>5boys-- Why do you think they may have mailed Friday… based on previous years? New to the thread but have been following it for a while. D applied ED and I know I am more nervous than she is… Perhaps in part because she thinks she won’t hear till the 22nd.
I have no idea what her chances are and she wants to go to CC so much!!</p>

<p>I can’t take this!!! I really want to call and inquire, but I don’t want to come off as pushy. I think my mom is more nervous than me though. She keeps saying that she is sick to her stomach haha. I think its partly because my twin sister has been recently defered from her top choice and she doesn’t want the same to happen to me. Hopefully we will all hear great news tomorrow!</p>

<p>@pennyalex… Yes, last year the ED decisions went out on Friday 10th and people started getting their acceptances on Monday the 13th. I was just wondering if it was the same this year… this year no one has called to see when they were mailed out. I just don’t want to call because I am the mom… and I am like your mom and outdoors mom… NERVOUS… I just have a feeling we are going to hear something tomorrow…</p>

<p>I am the mother and it is so stupid that I’m the one who’s more nervous! An answer. That’s all I ask— I must say though that D1 was deferred from her ED in '08 and ended up at a school she hadn’t even looked at until after the deferral… She has loved her Uni since day 1 and feels strongly that her ED would not have been the right place for her.</p>

<p>Has anyone checked with admission office for when the decisions are mailed? Or has someone got it already? I think it is about the date and the feeling is not very good. I am literally counting seconds.</p>

<p>They are mailed 12/22 for both EA and ED. :slight_smile: Can’t wait!!!</p>

<p>YES!! Big envelope! Couldn’t stand it so I drove it to my daughter at work. She is soooo excited. Good luck everyone :D</p>