Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

<p>congrats pennyalex-- what state do you live in?</p>

<p>I am told (2006 College Confidential thread) that you can call “800 go fedex” and give them your address and they can tell you if a shipment with that address is in transit.</p>

<p>We are in Missouri… and it came in the regular mail!</p>

<p>Interesting. I have no recall whether S’s acceptance was regular mail or FedEx. If they are using regular mail, there is no telling when they will arrive.</p>

<p>Congratulations to your daughter! I live in NY so I probably will not get anything in the mail until at least tomorrow. If you don’t mind me asking, what was your daughter’s stats?</p>

<p>Congrat’s to your D pennyalex!!! I’m glad that I at least know how it comes… so I won’t now be looking for a fed ex truck… our mail comes late… so won’t know anything till later today… we live in CA.</p>

<p>I had no idea the letters would be ready by now!!! Sorry for the bad information eehlauna! I’m in NJ… definitely not hearing today but I want to so badly! Good luck to everyone else and be sure to post your results!</p>

<p>I’m not sure why it came US postal rather than FedEx… I swear I almost kissed the postman!
Daughter is taking a gap year currently, an IB diploma grad, ACT 34, only around top 20% in class w weighted 4.42. While she has many pluses, her grades were not among them. Her passion for and commitment to her work in Africa may have made a difference. And her recs were very strong I suspect.
5boys… She heads to NOLS in Jan for a Wilderness EMT course and ends her spring getting her dive master and instructor’s certification…(couldn’t do either earlier as she won’t be 18 till Jan) Sounds like some very similar interests to your son.
Fingers are crossed for everyone …</p>

<p>pennyalex… they do sound alike… my S is also doing the NOLS EMT wilderness class on his semester gap year. He has his ADvanced Open Water and rescue diver cert’s… He is a first responder but has also been waiting till he was 18 to do the EMT thing. That is so funny that CC attracts so many kids with the same interests. I hope it is good news for my S today… and I wish the mail got here quicker!!!</p>

<p>It always takes an extra day or two for our mail to get to us. I’ll bet there’s no news for us until Wednesday. So hard to wait!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when EA results will be mailed?</p>

<p>12/22 for EA I believe.</p>

<p>Hey, so I applied ED to Colorado a while back and in the incredibly tense state I am in right now this thread has answered a ton of questions whose answers were unknown to me. </p>

<p>I still an unclear about one thing, however: will I receive a physical packet, an email, or both? I ask because I am leaving the country for two weeks on the 17th, so on the off chance that I get my notification after the 15th (how likely is this?) I’d like to know if I’ll still be able to get my answer electronically even if I’m not here to get the physical envelope. </p>

<p>If it helps, I live in San Francisco. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Well nothing in the mail here today in CA.:-((</p>

<p>nothing here either :((((</p>

<p>No news in NJ…the postman did not deliver the mail until 6:30 today…it will be a long day tomorrow.</p>

<p>I don’t believe that they will be sending an email, so we’ll just have to wait on the physical mail (which is a lot easier said than done! I’m so excited to get my decision!) It sounds like they’re sending them through regular mail, so I wouldn’t be too concerned that most of us haven’t received anything yet (I haven’t either in MN).</p>

<p>I think expecting it before the 17th would be a safe bet though - they must have started mailing them last Friday for people to be getting them today. I’d guess that tomorrow we’ll see a lot more people getting packets (I know from CO → MN takes 3 days). CA is pretty close to CO so even if they just shipped it today you could probably expect it by Friday.</p>

<p>If it does end up being the 17th and it’s killing you, I’m sure you could call admissions and nicely explain the situation :)</p>

<p>That really helps, thanks!</p>

<p>Also, how credible is this information I read about FedEx equaling acceptance and normal mail equaling rejection? I personally hope this isn’t always the case…</p>

<p>Glad I could relieve a little excitement-induced stress! :slight_smile:
(If only I could do the same for myself now!)</p>

<p>I’m by no means an authority on stuff, so maybe 07DAD or another CC-parent can step in and correct me, but I don’t think that normal mail = rejection necessarily, since pennyalex got her daughter’s acceptance through regular mail. </p>

<p>I’m just hoping we’ll both get some good news tomorrow so we can quit worrying about what delivery truck comes to our house!</p>

<p>Amen to that.</p>

<p>My daughter has also applied ED to CC and emailed her admissions person this weekend about when she would hear results, he replied that the packets were mailed out on Friday and that she should hear any day. It’s in the mail but hasn’t arrived here yet. Look for the US mail. I’ve not seen or heard anything about FedEx except for the transfer student that posted here last week. Hope that hopes to clarify things.</p>