Will EA or ED hurt my chances of financial aid/scholarships?

<p>Disregarding my stats (I haven't yet taken the SAT or ACT), has anyone had experience with applying early and having it hinder any financial aid or scholarships? UM has been a top choice of mine for a long time so if I don't apply early decision, I may end up going with early action. I've read a few different views on this topic. Some say that since a college knows that it's your top choice they won't need to give you as much aid to convince you to attend...and some say the exact opposite. Any thoughts? I definitely won't be able to afford it without help, my dad is a car salesman and I don't live with my mom. Thank you.</p>

<p>Miami is fairly generous with merit aid for top academic students, regardless of when you apply. You have to apply EA or ED to be considered for the Stamps scholarships but other scholarships are available for RD. However, in recent years, invites for the Stamps/Singer scholarship weekends seemed to favor those who applied early vs. regular given the timing of the interview weekends vs. Regular Admission dates. You should check the Stamps/Singer thread under the UM forum for past history. Also, Miami has a great webpage that does describe merit scholarships available. The key is SAT and ACT scores along with GPA. </p>

<p><a href=“Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami”>Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami;

<p>Apply early for sure</p>

<p>Apply early action!</p>