Wisco is my number 1 school..what are my chances of getting in?

<p>Hi, I'm a white female from Illinois. I got a 31 on my ACT. My unweighted GPA is far below average (3.19) but i've taken many accelerated classes and by the end of senior year I will have taken 6 AP courses. I dont know if they even consider it but my weighted GPA is a 4.68 out of a 5 point scale. I had two pretty strong recs from my english teacher and spanish teacher. My essays were pretty good, not much editing but really interesting. Not many ec's. four year lacrosse player, amnesty international, a few others. Some wokr experience and about 40 hours of community service. Do you think my GPA will totally demolish my chances of getting in?</p>

<p>I think you still have a fair chance. Does your HS have Naviance?</p>

<p>yeah we do, in 2009 48 out of the 103 who applied got in. a lot of people have already heard this year and most are getting in or being deferred. my gpa is 4.68 and uw is 5.03, my act is 31 and uw is 30</p>

<p>Nonsensical #3 post gpa numbers- are you a ■■■■■? As a help to all- the gpa in post #1 shows that despite all of those AP/accelerated courses you don’t do very well in them. A high test score with low gpa does not look good to admissions.</p>

<p>There is a website the guidance counselors showed my senior class at my school that calculates a student chances on getting accepted at any college in the US based on class rank, GPA, ACT/SAT. You would have to make an account and everything but it is free and a helpful tool. Just google mychances and it will be the first one to show up on a list.</p>

<p>1340 SAT, 3.7 GPA Weighted. I got in less than a month after applying.</p>

<p>my dean said they look at UW GPA’s a lot more. but since your WGPA is so much higher, they might consider it. but they also might see that your UW GPA shows that you werent really ready to take those advanced classes…</p>

<p>APPLY EARLY!!! Rolling admissions means that you will likely get in with that ACT if you apply right away. If you wait, you might be SOL with the GPA.</p>

<p>Trust me, this is what happened to my little brother. Early Early Early.</p>

<p>That’s why my son finally applied in mid January a few years ago and it took 3 weeks to be admitted. It is too late to apply early- that was in September. Now one needs to make sure there is time for all materials to reach by the deadline. My son had excellent credentials so he was a clear admit- one of the reasons they don’t fill the class until everyone has a chance to apply by the deadline.</p>