Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

We are in socal and no yale interview.

1 Like

Yes, a couple people from my high school in SoCal have (including me) but there are others who also applied and haven’t. I don’t think it means much. Some of the people who haven’t had an interview have higher stats and qualifications than some that have. I think a lot has to do just with availability. I wouldn’t worry as people get admitted without interviews and LOTS of people who get interviews get denied. Also, I think Yale is one of the schools that continues to interview into mid-March so there is a chance you may still get one. Good luck!

1 Like

Omg - congrats :clap: this is a great news. Wishing your dd the very best .
Please do share tips or any insights that you thik helped with her likely letter.
Congrats once agagin.

1 Like

My RD student got an interview request! Northern Virginia

6 Likes

Congratulations! My daughter also got a LL about two weeks ago and we are also in TN! What is your daughter’s major?

1 Like

Awesome!! Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada:
My DD plans to major in chemistry

2 Likes

This is what my friend who got the likely letter is

4 Likes

This is also what my daughter got. She received the mailed letter today!

4 Likes

Does Yale try to interview everyone, or specific students they need more information about - is getting an interview a sign of anything at all?

1 Like

No. And they are crystal clear on their website.

It’s a sign that they want more information about you.

4 Likes

Is there a hook needed to get the STEM related likely letter (e.g., low income, minority, athlete, etc.)? I doubt income would factor in. I was just curious if anyone knows. That is a huge blessing to receive one!

It’s probably based on the strength of the application? :grinning:

2 Likes

My RD student got one just now from Central VA. Hang in there people!!

interview or likely letter?

2 Likes

Interview for now :slight_smile:

My daughter does not have any of these hooks. From my understanding, likely letters are given to those students who they think other top universities are also chasing. So all these hooks (except legacy) could be counted as long as other universities count them.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks. :slight_smile:

My friend is unhooked in every way, so I assume not.

2 Likes

Interview for my DS this weekend. I guess interview requests for RD candidates are still coming out.

5 Likes

what’s your location? any particular “hooks”. Good luck!

1 Like