Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

No hooks here.

We don’t fall under any of the “institutional priorities” i.e. legacy, athlete, first generation, etc. And have no state or national awards or youtube following or life saving apps.
Where are you located?

1 Like

Wonder if there is statistics as to the acceptance ratio with or without interview

Is it portal astrology time yet?:blush: the next 1 month is going to feel like 1 year.

5 Likes

Do likely letters only go out to students who were interviewed?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Has any non stem likely letters gone out?

Yes, this wait is excruciating for us as parent - imagine what the kids are going through. I suggest they implement a live status like Domino’s Pizza order tracker !!!

4 Likes

They SHOULD just sent out the immediate punts right away, i.e. the right away discard pile. But then that would give greater clues/insights into their admit process which they do NOT want. Ugh.

2 Likes

First, according to past Yale threads, it has been proven that Yale Astrology works. For example, a few years ago, people who got their Yale SID from Yale fin aid early through email were all accepted.

For this year’s astrology, it is assumed that people who got a Verification of household form in their Yale fin aid checklist will be accepted.
Here are some points about this.

1. According to poopinginsideandout(someone from a Yale astrology server), people who were accepted all had this verification statement form, and the people who were rejected in the ED didn’t have that.

2. As Infracted(another member of Yale astrology server)said, he also found someone who got likely from Yale, and she had this form.

3. Moreover, we can’t ignore the fact that they downloaded it just a few days ago and only for a handful of applicants.

4. Also, some people said that they had this form in their portal before, but it disappeared and reappeared later and then again disappeared.

5. Lastly, the point is that Yale has very specific wording (Required for prospective and First-year students in order to verify household information and tax filing status. Only required for Returning students that need to make a correction to their household information.) about this form on their website. The keywords are “required” & “prospective.” And if that’s the case, then the document should be taken from all the applicants who applied (prospective), but as mentioned earlier, only a few applicants have it in their doc checklist.

4 Likes

This are all speculation BTW

Yale

I have this stuff in the portal. The verification statement of Household information, is the thing we are talking about right?

So, basically having this means that I have a possibility of getting in?
PS. I haven’t done an interview.

Verification Statement of Household Information:

Required for prospective and First-year students in order to verify household information and tax filing status.

Only required for Returning students that need to make a correction to their household information.

1 Like

Yes, I mentioned that in point number 5

2 Likes

Yes, but in your case, the name of the form is slightly different.

Mine one says:
Verification Statement of Household Information - Please complete this form online through your College Board IDOC portal.

Do you have the part I wrote in bold?

1 Like

Thousands of students do not apply for financial aid
 they are auto rejected by this theory :grinning:
Everyone will find out one way or other in few weeks don’t waste time overthinking. enjoy your senior year.

5 Likes

Indeed. Just speculation. I mentioned that properly, I guess.

P.S. I didn’t say that the one who didn’t apply for aid was rejected. Lol, read.

1 Like

@blank44 Yes, but when you submit it to IDOC, then it will appear as what @NApippa has.

1 Like

And when did this form disappear and reappear for you?

1 Like

It didn’t happen to me, but it did happen to someone else.

1 Like