Accepted Regular Decision?

<p>@ali2112 yeah you’re probably right. i just don’t get why they can’t say that on the site; if they can say accepted or rejected why not say waitlisted you know? haha this is bogus but whatever. Do you think Boston College is a better school? I got in EA and 46K finaid</p>

<p>Mikeyfresh: not to be disrespectful to those on this board but if you got into Boston College I believe you have the stats to get into Miami unless you made a glaring error or omission on you appl. Sit back and wait then decide which school is right for you. I think BC has a stronger academic rep but its more about where you want to be. My son is going to the U despite being accepted to Wake and Villanova bc he loves the vibe at the U. Good Luck and I think you’re in.</p>

<p>@riogemini: thank you so much for your words; totally understand what you’re saying. I just feel that this college process is totally bogus - you don’t know what the admissions directors are thinking, what they’re wanting and it’s like, How can you get in one place but not into another? haha very very weird. but best of luck to your son honestly he’s going to have a great time in college and in addition, will be very very successful.</p>

<p>got my official packet yesterday, didn’t get a scholarship. :frowning: no UM for me. Friend got in as well with much much higher stats than me and also didn’t get a scholarship, so I’m not really sure whats up with the merit scholarships this year</p>

<p>No Singer invite yet… Does’t look like I’ll be going to UM :(</p>

<p>I got in with a 3.3</p>

<p>Nothing yet- but I was originally deferred from EA…maybe that has something to do with it?</p>

<p>…legacy, gpa 3.6, 27 ACT (yeah, i know scores are a little low for the U)</p>

<p>@Twistbeach. Your ACT is fine, I have a friend that got in with a 23! I’m in the RD pool too, waiting for an admissions decision.</p>

<p>I went online today and I was accepted :):):)</p>

<p>@twistbeach2 i’m also a legacy and was also deferred EA… the legacy admissions officer must just be slow or something</p>

<p>I got my acceptance package in the mail today. ^^
Major: Premed</p>

<p>Stats:
State: MD
W GPA: 4.1
ACT: Didn’t take
SAT: M: 700 CR: 660 WR: 670 (2030)
SAT II: Korean w/ listening: 760, Bio:660, Math II:680
Bio
Senior classes: 1 AP classes</p>

<p>EC: 4 years Varsity Volleyball, Captain, Production team, 4 yrs Journalism: Editor in Chief, and etc.</p>

<p>Dickinson scholarship</p>

<p>I got in EA with:</p>

<p>4.0 GPA UW 5.0 W
550, 600, 570 SATs
23 ACTs
10x Legacy
AMAZING EC’s
Study Abroad
Tons of leadership
AMAZING essay</p>

<p>that’ll do it :)</p>

<p>Early this afternoon myUM showed the acceptance letter. Need biiiig scholarhsip/aid to attend. Another waiting…</p>

<p>@mspears8-- 10x legacy?! wow.</p>

<p>Yea I mean I could only put two on my app but I have 10 close family members including dad and grandfather that graduated from UM… Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I have the U in my blood!</p>

<p>Accepted yesterday on myum. Waiting for a scholarship letter, pls.</p>

<p>ugh Waitlisted… Does anyone know how often and how many people get into the class from waitlist?</p>

<p>Just received a fresh DHL package from UMiami w/acceptance!</p>

<p>3.93 GPA UW
1840 SAT
Leader of a rockband, V-capt in soccer, treasurer, and more ECs.</p>

<p>very strange…after all, my SAT score was significantly lower than the averages and I expected rejection… but it offered me Dickinson Scholarship!</p>

<p>well my acceptance is somewhatof a beacon of hope for those not accepted yet…</p>

<p>State: CA
SAT: CR 740 M 630 W 610 (1980)
SAT II: US Hist 770 Literature 710
Unweighted GPA: 3.4
Weighted GPA: 4.0
Decent ECs I guess. two years of yearbook, one with editor position, and like 3 others with semi participation. did summer@brown two years.
Senior Courseload: 3 APs
I’ve also passed all my previous 4 AP tests, APUSH and AP Euro with 5’s</p>

<p>No scholarships that I know of… I feel like I got kinda lucky getting in now, haha</p>

<p>@numberiv
i have similar stats as yours, except my SAT is a lot lower…
but i’m an international student, and my toefl was significantly higher than the requirement :slight_smile:
no scholarship, oh well… i already feel very glad for just getting in :D</p>