Anybody else doing Bama Bound on July 9-10?

<p>I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Looks like at least 3 sixteen year old girls attending. We will be staying in the dorms. It happens to be the same dorm S will live in too. I can see what he’ll be living like all those months away, sniff sniff… We also plan on a trip to Dreamland, Cypress Inn and probably Yogurt Mountain. Anyone have any teenage boys coming?</p>

<p>Proudmama3 - That is the same question my 16 yr. old D asked: “Anyone have any teenage boys coming?” :-)</p>

<p>^^^^^^ What makes you think my daughter is interested in teenage boys? :wink: Besides, I am bringing my 14 yr old son too.</p>

<p>^^^Oh now I see you were asking on behalf of your S…Hee! Hee!</p>

<p>I’m attending and staying in the dorms on the 8th and 9th.</p>

<p>If anyone wants to meet up for dinner we are planning on Dreamland one night and Cypress Inn another. Oh, and we are coming from RI (no, it’s not in Connecticut!) and are also bringing a 16 yr old daughter and 14 yr old son. S attending is an EE major in the honors college. Looking forward to meeting y’all. Yeah, I thought I would get started with the southern speak. :-)</p>

<p>^^^Good job, proudmama3. And you even spelled y’all right. A pet peeve of mine.</p>

<p>Enjoy your visit and your dinner at Cypress Inn. Love that place. Beautiful view of the river.</p>

<p>bumping… BB is just a few days away and our family could not be more excited!</p>

<p>We are flying in Sunday from Sacramento and staying in the dorms 8th & 9th. This is my first visit to the campus. S & DH visited in January. S hopes to connect with one of his suitemates at BB. </p>

<p>Working of proposed class schedule over the next few days.</p>

<p>Let’s put a lunch, dinner, yogurt or coffee on the schedule to meet up. Anyone have a specific time or place in mind?
I have the schedule in front of me. Whoa. They have something scheduled back to back.
The break that I see is between 4:30-7:30p, Day 1. Unless you’re planning to have dinner at Lakeside or attending the Blount picnic.</p>

<p>Yes yes yes!!! Getting excited. Clothes getting packed, S getting yelled at to get a schedule together! Yes, he has one done but no second choices. I’m game to meet up. I do have my plans to go to Dreamland and Cypress Inn, but other than that I’m flexible.</p>

<p>I am hoping to meet you all, but can’t committ to meeting at a certain place and time as my parents are driving 13 hours to meet us in Tuscaloosa, and I am not sure if our plans yet. Hope that makes sense. :-)</p>

<p>We’ll be arriving in Tuscaloosa around 4p Sunday. If anyone is interested in dinner or yogurt on the strip, let me know. Reservations at Microtel on Veteran’s.</p>

<p>I’m at the Courtyard. (They have a bar, right?) (Please, God. Let them have a bar.)</p>

<p>Rest assured, slippy. The Courtyard has a bar. Be forewarned though that there might be long line for coffee in the morning at their Starbucks counter.</p>

<p>^^^Yes, take heed. They don’t call her lattelady for nothing. ;)</p>

<p>You’ve got that right, malanai!! You don’t want to stand between me and my morning latte :)</p>

<p>My son & I are headed there tomorrow morn for the July 9-10 session. Anyone have any recommendations on where to have a nice Alabama dinner Sunday evening when we arrive? We are from Vegas and between this trip and the move in / drop off trip in August- our vacation time & funds this summer are Bama Bound! :)</p>

<p>Anyone up for Dreamland’s Sunday evening for dinner?
There’s the Northport location or the original location. I believe that Northport is actually a bit closer to The Strip and downtown. I’ve only been to that location. </p>

<p>Mugshots is also good option. It’s located downtown, not on The Strip. Anyone, anyone?</p>

<p>We’ll be in town 4-5p. I’m thinking 6:30-7p to meet somewhere. If anyone is interested, I may need to call for a reservation. I know that Mugshots does not take reservations but I can try.
There will be 4 of us; 2 adults, 2 offspring.</p>

<p>^^^Don’t even consider the original location. Go to the Northport location.</p>