AP scores are out for those who are wondering for Bama Credit

<p>@mo2k, that’s what I’m hoping for. If the school won’t allow that, I won’t worry about it; it’s not something I’m too concerned about. I fulfill both gen-ed and major requirements anyway. :)</p>

<p>On the languagement placement bit, I bombed my placement exam and enrolled in the 103 course, which is 101 and 102 combined. I’m receiving credit for both of the latter courses as if I were enrolled in them, so on DegreeWorks my language requirement is marked as “in-progress/completed.” I don’t know if that helps you any, but the requirement only mentions that we are supposed to take six hours of language, so your son’s course should show up regardless.</p>

<p>@Hokiefan, consider having them take the CLEP test, which actually awards credit. You can find a testing location near you.</p>

<p>Hokiefan: Your son would need to take the next level of Spanish (probably 201). Then, he can file the paperwork for the “back” credit for the 100 level. My son could have done that, as he also placed out of the 100 levels. He never has, probably because he had a lot of credits coming in two years ago.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the reply. I’m not sure what he will do now. He wasn’t sure he wanted to go any further withthe Spanish but was hoping he would get the credit to fulfill that area under gen ed. He is coming in with 47 credits but he thinks he wants to us any extra slots for math electives. Not sure. </p>

<p>I’ll break the news to him when he gets up:)</p>

<p>hokie…have your son take the CLEP test for Spanish. He could also take 103 which wouldn’t be hard for him since he’s placed into the next higher level.</p>

<p>For language credit, you don’t have to worry about the 45 credit limit.</p>

<p>Son placed into the 300 level, took the class, and then was awarded the credits for the 100 and 200 level courses…even though he was already at the 45 AP credit limit. This language deal doesn’t apply to the limit because it’s not AP/IB/Clep, etc.</p>

<p>Since he’s pre-med, we felt it was good for him to have a lot of Spanish credits.</p>

<p>If your son is coming in with 47 credits…are those all AP? or are some dual? Dual credits don’t count within the limit. And, he probably has more history than he needs, so he could not use those and use Spanish Clep.</p>

<p>Mom,</p>

<p>He has 40 credits of AP and 7 of dual enrollment. He took AP world, Gov’t and US history. He is getting credit for Hy 101, 102, 203 and 204. Also PSC 101. I’m not sure how that fits into all the requirements. I did check degree works and some of the History seemed to satisfiy some things but a few seemed like extras. He only took the lang. placement test in the hopes of knocking out more gen ed. He really isn’t sure he wants to continue with Spanish or choose something else. Degree works is kind of confusing to me.</p>

<p>And to add to the mess, he took AP language and tested out of En 101 and 102 but also took a dual enrollment English comp class which will basically covers the same thing. The AP class he took in junior year the dual enrollment this year. If he was going to a state school here in VA. that dual enrollment class would satisfy two sementers of Eng. Comp. so I don’t know where that will fit into the plan.</p>

<p>It will get worked out. Still waiting on the dual enrollment classes to be sent. They have not shown up yet. Thanks again, still confused but working to figure it out. Once these gen. eds get taken care of I think it might be smooth sailing.</p>

<p>Happy Weekend.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tip that AP scores were already uploaded. We’ve been on vacation so my D called for he scores … All 5s from this spring on Calc, Chem, Eng Lit, and Psych! So when we logged into myBama to look at her transcript, sure enough it was showing 39 credits. She’s so excited that she’ll be upper division by Fall 2012. Can you say Masters in 4? :-)</p>

<p>Congrats on the scores!!!</p>

<p>Yes…Masters in 4!!!</p>

<p>Hy 101, 102, 203 and 204</p>

<p>Yes…he has extra History credits. So, if he takes the CLEP Spanish exam and gets credit, he can sacrifice 3 history credits if needed…since he doesn’t need them.</p>

<p>So, S got credit for AP Stats, but they put it under electives and gave him credit for stats 260. However as a psych major you need stats 211 so they are still listing as required. I would have assumed the higher number, 260 would be better, as 211 is called elementary statistical methods, but it is not looking that way. I’ll have to look it up.
I also would have thought his photo essay transfer course would have been put into Fine Arts. Who do we ask about these things? The registrar?</p>

<p>AP Stats gives credit for Stats 260, which fulfills a Computer Core Req’t.</p>

<p>Yes…contact the registrar’s office about concerns.</p>

<p>Regarding Fine Arts, if you look at the list of courses that satisfy the FA requirement you will see that most are survey type classes rather than applied art or music classes – so it may be that a photography course won’t satisfy the FA requirement. </p>

<p>In looking at my d’s curriculum requirements, I found it interesting that the vast majority of classes in the required course sequence for a Bachelor of Music in performance don’t carry the FA designation – not even the music history classes. Despite the fact that the Bachelor of Music requires 92 hours of classes in the Music Department, there is only one required class that music majors take that carries the FA designation – Music in World Cultures.</p>

<p>Anyone know when scores are ususally mailed/received by students – at home?</p>

<p>Depends on the state; TN got theirs on Thursday. There’s a thread in the AP test forum where people are posting when they’re arriving where. If you haven’t gotten them yet, I’d have to think you’d have them by Wednesday no matter where you are.</p>

<p>Friend’s D got hers on Thursday…she’s in alabama.</p>

<p>D received her scores in FL on Friday.</p>