Ask questions about Purdue here.

@seamon‌
I think so? I use Cisco to VPN to my work account and my school account.

@ThatOnePastry‌

Don’t know anything about Biochemistry. But working 5 hours a night on studying should be good for you.

I believe you can. But they’ve installed PAL 3.0 and some people are having troubles getting their router to work. Apparently you need to switch it to a different frequency, but I’m not a tech person.

@Seirsly can internationals (applied rolling) apply for scholarships?

After they have gotten accepted…

What major are you?

For instance, the Civil engineering department has a bunch of small scholarships (ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars).

https://engineering.purdue.edu/CE/AboutUs/Awards/Student/undergrad

Some can be given to international students.

@Seirsly‌ comp engineering major

By apply, I meant apply now… Before enrolling…?

@Seirsly‌ , meaning I can expect 5 hours of studying per night (I know you don’t have class every single day, but yeah)? Or you mean it can’t hurt to study for that much?

Ah, gotcha, yes, that’s what I needed to know, thanks :slight_smile:

@iliveinmumbai‌
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE/Academics/Undergraduates/UGO/Undergraduate_Resources/Scholarships/index_html

Not that I know of, but you could email the bursar or scholarship office for more help?
http://www.purdue.edu/niso/

@ThatOnePastry‌
I do have class every single day. :frowning:

It can’t hurt to study that much, though you should also put some time aside for extracurriculars. The common advice is “Spend 2x your credit hours outside of school for studying.” So 16 credit hours = 32 hours a week studying outside of class. Divided by 7 = ~4.5 hours a day.

Thanks a lot @Seirsly‌

@Seirsly‌ , I do put time aside for extracurriculars . . . that’s why I’m tired all the time :open_mouth: (Very little sleep gotten during the weeks because of all of it combined.)

The same classes each day? I thought college was a little different in that you have certain classes only on some days?

GATech says on its website to study a minimum of 9 hours a week. Which seems fair enough

A guideline for studying in college that I read was at least three hours per week day over and above class time. Obviously you will do more when papers are due or you have exams in a given week and maybe a little less other weeks depending on assignments. I think 15-30 hours per week is in the right ball park. You should also be able to do extracurricular activities if you plan your time efficiently.

Hi,
I was admitted for the fall of 2015!
I wanted to inquire about the policy of deferring freshman admission for a year ?

@PCMguy‌ why would you wanna do that? :o I guess you should contact admissions once and ask…

@ThatOnePastry‌
Get more sleep. I get 8 hours a night and have a 3.92 GPA in civil engineering. Sleep is awesome.

My schedule is Structural Analysis, Chinese, Materials, and Hydrology on MWF.

Systems Design, Chinese, and Hydro/ or materials lab on TR.

I’m generally in classes from 8:30 am to ~2pm with a few small breaks between classes.

@iliveinmumbai‌ haha!

1. there are shit loads of things to do!
  2. I’m into CS - so there’s a lot I have In mind.
  3. travel

Thanks anyways. I shall ask the admissions

@pcmguy haha I know…I too am for CE and I took a gap year… Traveled already :stuck_out_tongue: now I’m taking up comp courses here lol
I emailed admissions if I could start in the summer… :stuck_out_tongue: xD…they haven’t responded yet though

@Seirsly‌ , ah, see, I feel as if I will have more time in college. Currently I go 8AM-4PM, 8 classes (no lunch), and no breaks.

And I meant to say earlier that you don’t have every single class every day, which now I can see in your schedule. I feel as if that will also make things a little easier.

Want to know my chances.

I have 3.4 GPA
SAT: 690 Math, 520 Reading, and 580 Writing
I am in Robotics, FBLA, Karate and rec Soccer.
Also I am going to work at Kumon in my Senior year. (I am a junior)
I am taking AP CALC BC and AP Physics 3

Thanks

@Seirsly How and when are you notified that you are admitted to the LC’s that you requested?