Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight

<p>I found the link on my son’s mybama page, but in the center, under “currently on mybama”, at the bottom of the box.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what time we’re done on the second day? Need to book a flight home, in a timely manner as it’s the boy’s last week of high school.</p>

<p>Txdoula,
Should be no later than noon on second day. Booked a 6pm flight to be safe. There was a 3pm but thought that might be cutting it too close.</p>

<p>lisa6191 - thanks!</p>

<p>Just registered S for June 3-4 (3rd Honors Session). Couldn’t do the first two because of graduation, 18th birthday and graduation party!</p>

<p>Registered D for the first Honors BB, she will miss grad practice but that is okay!</p>

<p>$531.00 !!! </p>

<p>(DH and I in dorm)</p>

<p>There goes the fancy prom dress…lol</p>

<p>May 28th, first Honors Session</p>

<p>Well that was easy! Feels good to have that all settled, and I am really looking forward to being in the dorms and meeting many of you!!! (5/28-29 honors session)</p>

<p>We registered for first honors also. Son will miss two days of school- just hope it isn’t anything too important (or fun).</p>

<p>tjmom I know what you mean, we made sure he wouldn’t miss AP tests, etc., and then realized by that time most of what they will be doing is celebrating. This is gettting a bit too real for me :)</p>

<p>Did everyone who registered for the May 28/29 Honors session have their son/daughter register for housing check in on the 27th or 28th?</p>

<p>We did housing check in for the 27th and out the 30th. It is a good eleven hour drive each way for us so we need a full travel day on each end</p>

<p>We got housing for the 27th check in. I toyed with a hotel since the extra night for son and me in dorm is getting close to hotel price but he wanted the extra night in the dorm to meet his future classmates. </p>

<p>This is all a little bitter sweet. He still doesn’t have an answer from my old school and won’t until late March or early April. I think that Alabama’s full steam ahead registration for things certainly helps their yield because I am sure my son is not the only one who is totally in the Bama frame of mind because he knows he is in, in Honors college, has a great scholarship and so on. None of these are bad things, but couldn’t he at least PRETEND he is waiting on a decision from William & Mary?</p>

<p>So- two questions-</p>

<p>1) is there anything to do on the 27th activity wise or should we make our own plans and </p>

<p>2)did anyone hear anything about when registration is for Alabama Action and Outdoor Action?</p>

<p>No word on AA or OA yet.</p>

<p>We are coming in on 27th - both S and I staying in dorms both 27/28th. I had reserved rooms at Capstone but he definitely wants to be in the dorms of course, and then I figured it would be good for me too, will help me picture him more clearly when missing him next fall (omg), can make measurements and plan for move in, and probably meet some other moms etc. Plus I thought the pricing was great. </p>

<p>I am not sure but I also hope there will be some kind of pure social activities for the kids, even as it is, this is a great way to acclimate them to the environment and should make the weeks following much less anxious.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>We are coming in the 27th, then headed out quickly on the 29th, as DS needs to get back in order to finish his final week of high school.</p>

<p>Sons looking forward to the dorms. DS and DW are arriving the 27th but DW will be staying at Capstone. He’s really looking forward to meeting his hopefully new room mates and the other freshman.</p>

<p>There are no official planned social activities for the kids on the night before session a starts. There will be students gathered in the game room on the second floor of RCS.</p>

<p>yep. This is suddenly very real. omgoodness, indeed. sniff.</p>

<p>I’m sure that everyone will assemble near Ferguson or somewhere near the dorms and form their own meet and greet. I’m sure my son will look to meet up with his future that night to starting planning things lol.</p>

<p>NYBama- When I read “meet up with his future”, for a second I thought “future wife”. Assume you mean roomie- although scary to think the other could be true too. I know I met my husband the first week of my freshman year of college. AGHH I am not ready for this.</p>

<p>Non-refundable…ugh. Still waiting on a couple merit aid packages before we can register for BB.</p>