Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight

<p>Daughter just told me she’s received the same emails urging the picture remittance, but says she was waiting until after prom (this Saturday) when she gets her hair cut (next Tuesday) to tell me about it. Aha! Of course, a new shorter do may mean new recruitment pics, too. College is expensive - and she’s not even out of high school yet!</p>

<p>And surely they exercise the “dont ask, don’t tell” policy when parents are staying in the dorms! I won’t get DH to change his mind anyway…ice is free at the Hampton Inn.</p>

<p>The deadline for the Action Card photo upload is something like one day before your session…so there is still time.</p>

<p>The joke with professors now is that one can tell a student’s graduation year by looking to if their photo is staged or looks like something from the DMV. It used to be that certain incoming freshmen would brag about getting their Action Card photos taken while they may have been under some sort of influence.</p>

<p>As for the tour guide telling you that no alcohol is allowed in the dorms, where do they find such clueless people? Official UA policy says that alcohol is allowed in the dorm rooms of those aged 21+ provided that minors cannot access the alcohol,* which basically means that those 21+ can drink alone in their bedrooms (friends aged 21+ are allowed in the room too). Frankly, if a minor roommate has access to the roommate’s alcohol, taking said alcohol without the roommate’s permission would be theft, with possible intent for conversion.</p>

<p>Is UA going to search parents’ bags and rooms during Bama Bound? Unless you’re causing a disturbance, no. When in doubt, check the contract you’re signing when renting a dorm room for the night. </p>

<p>Alternatively, the Strip is a very short walk from Ridgecrest South and has plenty of bars, many of which will have drink specials on weeknights.</p>

<p>*UA did/does have a substance free dorm, but it’s not an honors dorm.</p>

<p>FYI: The pic for the Action Card is the same pic that will be used the ENTIRE time one is enrolled at UA. Our guide said if he had known that he would have done a better picture. </p>

<p>Yes, college is getting expensive and we have not even gotten there yet.</p>

<p>I don’t know if we’re still keeping a current list of who’s going to which Bama Bound, but my son has changed his to June 3/4</p>

<p>see Roll Call threads.</p>

<p>Of course we are still keeping a list. </p>

<p>May 27</p>

<p>May 28/29

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]2CarolinaGirls
[</em>]3kidsinhs
[<em>]boarder3512
[</em>]cassidyreilly
[<em>]lisa6191
[</em>]Longsx3
[<em>]MereMom
[</em>]MichiganGeorgia
[<em>]NYBama
[</em>]riprorin
[<em>]SpaceCoastMom
[</em>]ThorEric
[<em>]TXArchitect
[</em>]twomutts
[li]upstate13[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>May 30/31

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]busyperson1
[</em>]rocrollchalktide
[/ul]</p>

<p>June 3/4

[ul]
[li]GAMomto4</p>[/li]
<p>[<em>]Peachtide
[</em>]txdoula</p>

<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 5/6

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]emtrippedagain
[</em>]TwoXCollege
[/ul]</p>

<p>June 10/11</p>

<p>[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]BillThePoet
[</em>]MSUBAMAmom
[li]TxNewCollegeMom</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 12/13

[ul]</p>

<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 17/18</p>

<p>June 19/20</p>

<p>June 21</p>

<p>July 2</p>

<p>July 8/9

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]ChicagoBear
[</em>]Galaxyfigment
[/ul]</p>

<p>July 10/11

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]threeofthree[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>July 15/16</p>

<p>July 17/18</p>

<p>July 22/23</p>

<p>July 24/25</p>

<p>July 29/30</p>

<p>July 31/Aug 1</p>

<p>Aug 16</p>

<p>Aug 19</p>

<p>Can you add TNandBamaMom to June 3-4? Thanks!</p>

<p>TXArchitect- just found this on Bama Bound FAQ:</p>

<p>Linens are available for student rental through the Office of Housing and Residential Communities during Bama Bound. The cost is $10.00 per linen set and they are available onsite at residence hall check-in.</p>

<p>Mean sheets, blanket, AND towels???</p>

<p>Since the hint that it is COLD in the dorms…I intend to bring blankies in the car for each of us.</p>

<p>Do you think there is any chance of seeing Ridgecrest East during BB? It sure would help to see a sample room…</p>

<p>TXArchitect - My screenshot of my parent’s BB Orientation page says that my $38 per night includes linens, which is then listed as: sheets, blanket, towel, hand towel, washcloth and bath mat. I would think this would be the same “linen set” that the students would pay extra for?</p>

<p>Also, I was hoping the same thing about seeing Ridgecrest East. It would really be helpful to see (and measure) what we’ll be dealing with!</p>

<p>It is unlikely you will be able to see a room in a dorm other than RCS. UA states this is for safety reasons, as others may be staying in those dorms (including high school students who are there for summer programs). </p>

<p>As for linens, the cost is included for parents staying in the dorms. The $10 fee applies to students only. The set includes the same items for both parents and students.</p>

<p>We had to change from July to May 30th.</p>

<p>Thanks Class2012, that’s exactly what I thought but DD & I were just hoping!</p>

<p>May 27</p>

<p>May 28/29

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]2CarolinaGirls
[</em>]3kidsinhs
[<em>]boarder3512
[</em>]cassidyreilly
[<em>]lisa6191
[</em>]Longsx3
[<em>]MereMom
[</em>]MichiganGeorgia
[<em>]NYBama
[</em>]riprorin
[<em>]SpaceCoastMom
[</em>]ThorEric
[<em>]TXArchitect
[</em>]twomutts
[li]upstate13[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>May 30/31

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]busyperson1
[</em>]Galaxyfigment
[li]rocrollchalktide[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>June 3/4

[ul]
[li]GAMomto4</p>[/li]
<p>[<em>]Peachtide
[</em>]TNandBamaMom
[li]txdoula</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 5/6

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]emtrippedagain
[</em>]TwoXCollege
[/ul]</p>

<p>June 10/11</p>

<p>[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]BillThePoet
[</em>]MSUBAMAmom
[li]TxNewCollegeMom</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 12/13

[ul]</p>

<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 17/18</p>

<p>June 19/20</p>

<p>June 21</p>

<p>July 2</p>

<p>July 8/9

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]ChicagoBear</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>July 10/11

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]threeofthree[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>July 15/16</p>

<p>July 17/18</p>

<p>July 22/23</p>

<p>July 24/25</p>

<p>July 29/30</p>

<p>July 31/Aug 1</p>

<p>Aug 16</p>

<p>Aug 19</p>

<p>DD got a myBAMA email saying her ActionCard photo had been accepted, three days after submit. Can pick up first day of BB.</p>

<p>Kind of funny that most of the posters here are in the first session.</p>

<p>We are May 28/29 as well. </p>

<p>We’re flying in Sunday because of airline points. Anything we should check out while we have the day Monday?</p>

<p>We were there for our official tour last Memorial Day. UA is open, most of the faculty are there, and you should schedule meetings with anyone you need/want to…we spent over an hour one-on-one with the Dean of of Business School!!! Maybe an advisor, or whoever…it “Sealed the Deal” for us!!!</p>

<p>We finally chose a date – Now I have to figure out how to get DS, who is traveling alone, to and fro B’ham. I am a bit anxious with plane changes and all. Really rethinking this whole more than a car ride away thing…</p>

<p>May 27</p>

<p>May 28/29
2CarolinaGirls
3kidsinhs
boarder3512
cassidyreilly
lisa6191
Longsx3
MereMom
MichiganGeorgia
NYBama
riprorin