BCS Berth

<p>This video is great, it really made me smile. I can’t believe my son will be traveling to the championship with the band. What a year he is having . RTR.</p>

<p>As far as my hokies… now that is another story. I wish I could change my name on here! Probably should be the chokies.</p>

<p>My daughter is also thrilled to be going to the game with the MDB, since this will
likely be her only year in the band. She said she heard that when they went two years ago, the band members got a lot of the same swag the football players did (tshirts, etc.).</p>

<p>“I bet there’s going to be some heavy tutoring and some “leaning” on some LSU profs to pass those guys.”</p>

<p>Come on, now, mc2k. Let’s be fair. You have no knowledge of the situation. Besides… are you suggesting this never happens at Alabama?</p>

<p>“On Wednesday, December 7, students will be notified whether they are eligible to purchase BCS National Championship tickets. The distribution will be determined by the number of UA hours completed through the Summer of 2011.”</p>

<p>Does this mean that transfer credit is not taken into account? Son is a sophomore at UA for his first year with 49 hours, thanks to dual enrollment/AP. He just put his name on the waiting list for BCS tickets, but it says UA hours…so I’m wondering if that means hours completed while at UA. Is there any hope a sophomore will get a ticket? I wish they would do what Auburn did last year, and distributed the tickets randomly.</p>

<p>Tickets are distributed according to UA hours, which means hours earned at UA up to the previous term. In other words, first semester freshmen have 0 UA hours and thus almost no chance of getting a ticket. In the rare event that there are leftover tickets, there could be a lottery or free-for-all in which students with fewer UA hours could get tickets, but that is not likely to happen.</p>

<p>My son is also in the MDB and is just so excited about this! Wish we could afford to go and see him playing with the band.</p>

<p>How many tickets are allocated to UA? How many for current students, alumni, etc.?</p>

<p>* there could be a lottery or free-for-all in which students with fewer UA hours could get tickets, but that is not likely to happen. *</p>

<p>True…since NOLA is within an easy drive (unlike Calif 2009), it’s unlikely that those who qualify to get tickets won’t use them.</p>

<p>I can understand why Bama uses UA credits to determine eligibility. Those who will soon be graduating will not have the same future chance.</p>

<p>Anybody got a link to the photo of LSU.shop.net after it was hacked? Lots of nice Crimson gear for sale…</p>

<p>Son thinks the CBHP program might be under scrutiny for a while…</p>

<p>Oh, wait…</p>

<p><a href=“http://i.imgur.com/r1wDS.jpg[/url]”>http://i.imgur.com/r1wDS.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My DS posted yesterday a link to the LSU fan shop on his facebook page. He titled it “So GREAT”. I clicked on it and it was their normal site. I couldn’t figure out why he posted that. NOW I understand…HAHAHAHA!!!</p>

<p>*How many tickets are allocated to UA? How many for current students, alumni, etc.? *</p>

<p>lol…not enough!!! </p>

<p>I dont know if there’s been any changes, but I remember when UT complained about tickets in 2009.</p>

<p>From '09</p>

<p>Dodds said Texas easily sold its 19,000 tickets plus some extra that got sent.</p>

<p>“We’re dealing with upset folks because they can’t get tickets,” Dodds said. "We could have sold the stadium out, as could Alabama.</p>

<p>“The interesting thing is, there’s 38,000 for the two teams and then 60,000-some tickets for everybody else. We’ve got to get that number up for the national champi*onship. We probably could have gotten by with 32,000 tickets.”</p>

<p>Alabama has expressed similar concerns to those of Texas about the lack of tickets, Dodds said.</p>

<p>Capacity for the Rose Bowl stadium is 91,000. This year’s per-team allotment is 3,000 tickets higher than the past three years, because the** Rose Bowl’s seating capacity is greater than the three stadiums in Phoenix, New Orleans and Miami.**</p>

<p>The remainder of the tickets are used by the Tournament of Roses for ongoing rela*tionships with members, sponsors and other business and community partners. The initial number of 19,000 tickets was less than the 21,500 Texas received at the Rose Bowl for its national championship appearance in the 2005 season.</p>

<p>Texas had a school-record 84,000 season- ticket holders this season. The school received 32,000 pre-orders for the national championship game by the Dec. 2 dead*line.</p>

<p>From this year’s allotment,** 1,900 tickets were reserved for Texas students. Also, 2,800 were allocated for the band, football family members, sponsors and university officials – the same number as the 2005 dispersal. That left about 15,000 remaining tickets for donors to The Longhorn Foundation.**</p>

<p>So, if nothing has changed, there are about 2,000 tix for students…not many at all. Maybe less since NOLA has a smaller venue.</p>

<p>Be forewarned, hotel prices will be out of this world in NOLA. I sent son an email that if he has any inkling of wanting to go, he should submit his name to the list.</p>

<p>If the student is offered a ticket once on the list, are they obligated to buy it, or can they decline, thus opening up more tickets to lower level students that may have thought they had no shot at a ticket? </p>

<p>If there’s no obligation to buy, wouldn’t it be worth a shot to put your name on the ticket list?</p>

<p>My son is in his third semester at Bama, so maybe has 30 something official UA credits, so it’s unlikely he’d get a ticket, but one never knows.</p>

<p>Ah…I guess I was wrong. 5 finalists for the Heisman were just announced:
Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Tyrann Mathieu, Andrew Luck, and Montee Ball.</p>

<p>It’s too bad that more students cant get tickets. I wonder how many will travel down to tailgate?</p>

<p>Dealing with my mom in the hospital and don’t know if son even put his name in for a ticket. </p>

<p>I am hoping that students will be able to move into their dorms on Sunday, whether classes start on Wednesday or not. </p>

<p>While we would love to have son watch the game at home with us on Monday, it would be problematic for us to get him back to campus in time for classes on Wednesday.</p>

<p>Do you think the Ferg will be open on Monday night so the kids could go there to watch the game on a big screen? I’m sure that would be fun for the out of state students that had to move back in on Sunday due to already made travel arrangements.</p>

<p>*It’s too bad that more students cant get tickets. I wonder how many will travel down to tailgate? *</p>

<p>Because this is the nat’l championship, the tix aren’t just split between Bama and LSU. All of the BCS conferences get some tix as well as NCAA people. And, the venues aren’t as big as B-D stadium. :(</p>

<p>Yes…many students & fans will go just to tailgate. Same thing happened when Bama went to Pasadena. </p>

<p>*Ah…I guess I was wrong. 5 finalists for the Heisman were just announced:
Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Tyrann Mathieu, Andrew Luck, and Montee Ball. *</p>

<p>I’m annoyed that they allowed 5 finalists in which added Mathieu. That just dilutes Trent’s chances by splitting off some of the SE’s votes.</p>

<p>For those that don’t have transportation to the game: [UA</a> Gameday](<a href=“http://uagameday.com/basketball/bcs-title-game.php]UA”>http://uagameday.com/basketball/bcs-title-game.php)</p>

<p>Today is Dec 7th, any students lucky enough to get tickets?</p>

<p>BCS Title Game - Alabama vs. LSU</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa Charter is offering transportation from Tuscaloosa to New Orleans!!!</p>

<p>The cost is $100.00 round trip. The shuttle will meet at the University Mall at 7am on January 9 and leave New Orleans at midnight after the game.</p>

<p>To make your reservation, call 205-361-2555</p>

<p>Not bad at all…sounds like a lot of fun to go by bus.</p>

<p>E-mail today. :(</p>

<p>"2012 BCS National Championship Student Opt In Results</p>

<p>Based on UA earned credit hours as of the Summer 2011 semester, you are NOT eligible at this time to submit payment for a BCS National Championship Student Ticket.</p>

<p>Please view the results below of the 2012 BCS National Championship Student Opt In period:</p>

<p>Results are as follows:</p>

<p>Graduate Students:
Must have 130 UA earned credit hours to be eligible to purchase. </p>

<p>Undergraduate Students:
Must have 100 UA earned credit hours to be eligible to purchase."</p>