Binghamton Regular Decision for Fall 2023

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and EC’s. In state, out of state, or international? Which school did you apply to?

Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

My daughter applied EA as an English major to Harpur on 10/27 and was deferred to RD on 1/10. She has a 97 unweighted average, 5 AP, 2 SUPA (through Syracuse University) and 2 SUNY Oswego classes. She is Vice President of Principal’s Cabinet, on the 2023 Executive Board, Future Teacher Club, NHS, has done theater (plays and musicals) since 5th grade, has worked for over 2 years teaching gymnastics and ninja and has a lot of leadership roles within these organizations. She also has taken dance and voice lessons and does a lot of babysitting. She did not submit test scores. We are in state. I’m hoping she still has a shot! This wait is brutal…Good luck to all!

Copying/Pasting (mostly) from EA thread when I couldn’t find this thread originally.

D23 applied RD on 12/20, submitting optional Talent portfolio materials for Theatre until 1/13. She applied to Harpur (for Musical Theatre but wants to double major with Asian Studies, as indicated in her optional portfolio essay). Discovered the school late in the stage. On Jan 20 at 7:21pm, received email to check her portal, showing that she was accepted.

OOS, magnet school (a theatre major)
97.4 unweighted, all honors classes, 1530 SAT
2 AP (school only has 4 APs and two are in Spanish) - Calc AB and BC, got 5s
Full “freshman” load of college classes at university for her senior year, dual enrollment
Top of her small class
ECs (nothing extravagant, but strong): Color Guard captain in her marching band, glee club president, founded virtual book club, organized cultural event at school, private and volunteer tutor for science and math courses
Lots of volunteer hours.
Worked professionally in theatre and on screen.

Hoping to hear about merit soon. I heard it comes at least a week later. Hope that applying RD didn’t make her miss the scholarship opportunities.

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Good for her! Are you in state?

1 Like

She states her daughter is OOS, which means Out of state.

2 Likes

Omg I missed that! :woman_facepalming:t3: Sorry and thank you!!

1 Like

Just curious, if anyone who is in state has heard from SUNY Binghamton on regular decision (I know out-of-state kids who have heard already).

In state and still waiting! :crossed_fingers:

In state and still waiting :pray:t4:

1 Like

I know a whole bunch of students in state that were EA that were moved to RD and still waiting to hear.

1 Like

Yup. That’s my daughter and about 8 other kids I know…:crossed_fingers:

Mine and a few more as well!

Is there anyone on this thread who was EA/deferred who has recently been accepted? If so, did the portal change again on the day you found out (like it did the first time around)?

Same here….waiting on Binghamton in state. Moved from EA to RD on 1/12

Has anyone noticed a change of admissions counselor? I asked a question this morning and went back to see if there was a response. When we logged on we saw a new admissions counselor.

My daughter has the same counselor as before (we are in NYC)

1 Like

Ours changed as well to Craig Broccoli. Earlier was Annan.

1 Like

Same here. Thx. I thought I was losing it lol.

FYI. they have started sending acceptance letters

1 Like