Boston College Class of 2027 Official Thread

If your daughter has zero intention of attending, perhaps she would consider withdrawing her application so that she is not taking a spot from another student who applied and is interested in attending Boston College. I have seen posts on this board from students for whom BC is a first choice school, I expect it is distressing for them to see that there are students with no intention of attending with active applications.

16 Likes

I agree PANJ616. BC is my childs first choice and its very disheartening to see that someone has no intention of attending but has an application in anyway.

6 Likes

If she has no intention of attending could you please withdraw her application for others that actually want to attend.

4 Likes

any idea of when BC decisions will come out?

3 Likes

April 1st.

They typically are released around 3/24 or so. I believe that was the date last year. They say in the common data set that they will always release by 4/1 each year.

1 Like

Yes, the day before Duke decisions came out for ED, I saw a girl post a tiktok about how she didn’t even like the school she EDed to, and the next day she posted about how she got into Duke ED and it make me extremely upset (as someone who was deferred and really really wants to go). It’s so frustrating.

6 Likes

She is certainly waiting to see if she gets in and then will attend the admitted student day before deciding. So no, she won’t be withdrawing her application.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the fact that there are people on ZeeMee in college group chats (for like Cornell, JHU, etc.) who got into their ED or are committed somewhere and say they applied elsewhere “just in case” or to “see if they got in”

I guess it’s the opposite scenario. But why not withdraw??? Or why ED if you don’t want to go??

3 Likes

When do RD decisions drop? Any hint yet?

2 Likes

I have a quick question. I was deferred from early decision one into regular decision but my application portal still reads early decision one instead of regular decision. Is this the case for anyone else ?

Yup! Same thing here. I was deferred ED2 to RD, and have the “ED” thing on the top of my portal.

1 Like

Last year was 3/25, if that means anything.

1 Like

historically, what’s been the pattern? is there a specific day and date they release it?

1 Like

I think they usually release decisions on Thursdays so I’m guessing 3/23/23.

2 Likes

admissions.blog/boston-university-shares-some-2022-2023-admissions-statistics/

This says Saturday March 25th.

This thread is for Boston College, not Boston U.

2 Likes

I think they’ll release on Thursday this year- I think that’s when they released last year.

4 Likes

According to BC, RD decisions are coming out later this week. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

3 Likes

My S23 was so annoyed to get an email from BC which pretty much just said that they were not going to say when the decisions would be released but to stay tuned. Really?! :joy:

6 Likes