Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

Updated coursework (2/3/18)

Current College: West Valley College
GPA 3.7 (3.8 with Associates Degree)
Major: Business Administration
Work Experience: None
EC hours: 16-20 per week
Classes: All recommended done. IGETC and CSU GE will be done by the end of spring.
Golden 4: All A’s
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, Bay Area

@samtamimi Does having an associate’s degree give you an extra bump towards the Cal Poly GPA ? If so, which Associate’s Degree does this ? Also if someone could shine some light on how to calculate Cal Poly GPA that would be much appreciated!!!

@kobethegoat It does if and only if when you applied through the calstate website cal poly slo recognized the associates degree to be of a similar major you are applying for. As for the GPA I have no idea because the supplemental application asked only for the courses that fulfilled your CSU GE so I would assume its all transferable courses not just the ones you listed on the supplemental application.

I’ve been looking for this thread for quite some time!

My stats are:
Major: Business Administration- (Concentration in Finance)
Current College: Las Positas College
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Only managerial accounting left, will be completed spring 2018
GPA: 4.0
Work Experience: Interned at a financial services company during tax season
ECs: Tutor for all math classes below and including Calculus 2 and Financial accounting.

Anyone know when the decisions come out? From what I saw in previous threads, they come out in the latter half of this month.

Every year is a bit different the bulk of acceptances last year though occurred around 2/21

Major: Business Administration- (Concentration in Marketing)
Current College: Foothill College
IGETC: Completed
Golden 4: Completed
Major Prep: Managerial Accounting and Econ 1B left, to be done by spring
GPA: 3.12
ECs: Student Government, Full time Worker

My GPA is pretty low so I’m relying on luck and my expectations of getting in is low so I applied to many other schools. My GPA will be raised after repeating 2 classes, but that’ll be when spring ends so it won’t matter unfortunately… Hopefully Cal Poly will factor in me being a full time worker. Good luck everyone!

Do you guys know when will the decision start to release?

@KnightKing I am hoping they release soon, this anticipation is really starting to get to me!

@KnightKing Judging by previous transfer threads, decisions will start to come out between February 18th and February 28th. Alot of them were released around February 21st.

@demetra thanks. I wish that they will release asap. the stress is real

@KnightKing Agree!!

Does anyone know when Business is supposed to release since the decisions come out in waves?

Major: Journalism
Current College: Santa Barbara City College
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Will be done by Spring 2018
GPA: 3.89
In state

mine says “Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.”

Same! Just be patient :slight_smile:

When you’re accepted (and decide to attend cal poly), are you guys gonna put a deposit down for the dorms right away or wait?

I’m gonna wait to hear from other schools that i applied to. My last decision comes out like late may to early june :frowning:

Wow, how could it come out so late? That’s crazy!

On top of the stress of awaiting decisions, I’m also stressed about not being able to get a dorm room. :confused:

Right! Do you know how long they give you to respond to their offer? B/c the last school i’m hearing from is my 2nd choice school. The last thing i want to see is being rejected from my top 2 schools and not being able to go to Cal Poly because i was too late to respond! :frowning:

Looking at the cal poly website for last year’s 2017 admissions timeline, it says May 1st was the deadline to accept offer of admission for fall quarter. So I’m guessing its about a month after they post all decisions.