Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

@transferjess Personally, if I’m accepted I’m putting everything down right away. Poly is my #1.

Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.62
AA-T/AA: Will be completed in spring!
Golden 4: A, A, B, B,
Local: No, from Tuolumne County, CA

If you’re very curious, take a look at Cal Polys enrollment projections for 2017-2018. Even though it’s for last year, I think it’ll give you a good ballpark idea of your chances of getting in. The link is below:

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2017-18%20Enrollment%20Targets%20and%20Projections.pdf

First, scroll down to find your major. To figure out the acceptance rate for that major, divide the “NTR Target” by the “NTR Apps”. I believe these stand for “New Transfer Target enrollment” and “New Transfer Applicants”. In my case, I scrolled down to find the Psychology major, divided 19 (open spots) by 504 (number of transfer applicants) and got 0.0376. This means that the acceptance rate for Psych transfers for 2017-2018 was roughly 3.7%. This was terrible to find out, but it did provide some more clarity about my chances! Hope it helps!

Acceptance rate in 2017-2018 for Business Administration was less than 7% (110 divided by 1,582)

SAME HERE!! Best of luck, see you at cal poly :slight_smile:

https://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/profile.html

16% for business majors

@Ak1097 that’s confusing. There are two different sources to find enrollment projections? Which one is more accurate? The numbers are completely different depending on which source you use.

@demetra The enrollment projections are different from how many people they accept.

@slotrees Ahh, I see now. Thanks!

When will transfer students be notified of their acceptance?

@nemohq16 I have read as early as late February. But I believe their deadline is by April 1st.

I was looking through last year’s transfer thread & the first admissions went out February 20th, which was a Monday. So maaaaaybe next Monday we start hearing…? @-)

I hope so. I just want to find out whether I’m accepted or not already.

Hey everyone! I know I’m a little late, but I thought I’d join while we all wait to hear from admissions. Good luck!

Here’s my stats:
Major: English
Current College: Sierra College
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Will be completed spring 2018
GPA: 3.97
ECs: Not much, but I’ve worked 21+ hours per week for the past few years
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, Northern California

@gingerycat your stats look amazing, you should def get in to the CLA! Fingers crossed over here.

Major: Business Administration- (Concentration in Accounting)
Current College: Sierra College
CSU GE: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Only business calc- done in Spring 2018
GPA: 3.7
ECs: I work 15 hrs/week plus I take dance lessons at a studio once a week
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, Sacramento

I have one W on my transcript freshman year (I hadn’t discovered ratemyprofessor yet…) but I am also graduating with an ADT in bus admin, which I know doesn’t provide me any benefit because it is not deemed similar to the business admin program… and also an AS in accounting. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!!!

Anyone think decisions are going to come out this week? last year they came out on February 20th which was a monday???

@kobethegoat I feel like it will start coming out tmr since today is holiday.

I think so. Last year they came out February 20th & in 2016 they came out about February 22, judging by the threads for both.

@KnightKing they came out on the holiday last year at about noon, but who knows?

I doubt transfer decisions will be the first ones out. Only a few internationals have heard. I think Cal Poly has quite a wait in store for us all!