Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

My money’s on this week based on past threads

We won’t find out until March.

Have freshman applicants even found out yet?

@transferjess Nope!

I think they will @kobethegoat

@kobethegoat freshmen haven’t heard back yet, I think decisions are on a slow-down this year. It’d be wonderful to hear back starting this week, but I’m not so sure now.

Freshmen are anxiously waiting for decisions bc they all thought they’d hear back by Feb. 16th (which is when they started hearing back last year). If freshmen heard back on the 16th, and transfers heard on the 21st last year, it’s safe to say that we’ll get our decisions a week after freshmen do. The delay this year might have something to do with the 7,000+ additional applicants and the new cal state apply system. In the meantime, while we wait, I found this video from another thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2UoG3CbbY&feature=youtu.be I found it useful, esp. in managing negative emotions having to do with rejection, lol

Hurry up SLO!! I’m burning up my nerve cells like crazy.

Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
GPA: 3.97 (4.0 with transferable courses)
AA-T: No (transferring from Palomar CC)
Prerequisite: Completed in Spring '18
Golden 4: Done
SD Area: North County
Other schools I applied to: SDSU

Freshman Year I went to Baruch College in NY, transferred back to Palomar, and now I am trying to get into SLO because it is a lot cheaper than an out-of-state college. Hoping for the best!!

@abbazaba22 I’m the same major as you and pretty much have the same stats. I was certain about getting into Cal Poly until CSU Long Beach decided to waitlist me (They let in business majors with 3.09s and not me). That discouraged me a little even though it’s no where close to my top choice school. But i’m hoping Cal Poly goes in my favor. Can’t be sure about anything these days.

Do you guys think some of the decision will be out today ?

@KnightKing Might not be today for transfers. It looks like freshmen are beginning to hear back, though! Which means we might hear back within the next week. Don’t quote me on that though, hah

@Ak1097 I was in the same position as you. CSU LB waitlisted me. It was my third choice, thankfully. Cal Poly accepted me as a transfer in 2016. Remain positive!
I’m sure first round decisions are coming soon.

On the freshman thread, some people are writing they’ve been accepted. We’re up next soon!!

@transferjess It was just another international student decision. No freshman wave yet

@Ak1097 I got into CSULB with below 3.2 GPA but that’s only because I managed to get 4.0 at a local CC for 3 semesters in a row after screwing up engineering at UC. Don’t feel bad because everyone goes through life differently and some schools consider that while other schools don’t. I sincerely hope that Cal Poly accept you and you definitely have way better chance of getting into Cal Poly than me because my overall GPA just sucks too bad for Cal Poly :confused: Good luck!

@CopperlineX2 Ughhhhh I got played lol [-(

What are my chances at getting accepted at Cal Poly for CS?
All pre-reqs completed.
GPA 3.48.
Work over 30+ hours a week.

And I got accepted into CSULB in Computer Science, not sure what to make of this.
Thanks

What do you guys think my chances are…?
Applied Nutrition Transfer Student (didn’t apply until last week of app deadline)
GPA 3.67
ADT in Nutrition and Dietetics (should bump gpa to 3.77?)
All “required” courses completed, 2 “suggested” courses completed
CSU pathway not IGETC (but extra science classes taken)
Worked 35+ hours a week.
Older Student (career change, but no prior bachelors, just technical college)

What do you think my chances of getting into Cal Poly are?
I am a student at SDSU currently
Major: English
IGETC: Done in spring
PreReq: Done in spring
Units: 60+
GPA: 3.27
Ec: yes
Posititions held: yes
Volunteer hours: 21+
Work: 21+
I’ve also done all the desired classes

I know my GPA is a little low, SDSU was a little tough my second year when I was figuring things out. I got straight A’s last semester so I am hoping that helps build credibility but I am pretty nervous coming from another state school.