Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

I’m curious, why are you transferring to another state school?

I like the classes at SDSU, but i am from a small town by yosemite about three hours away from slo. SDSU is much larger than I prefer and there’s a lot of city commotion. Cal poly was my number one choice when i was a senior but I didn’t get in.

Hey @polypal I’m also from Northern California (close to Tahoe) and I started off university at SDSU. I had the exact same experience! It was too populous and urban for me. Feel free to message me if you’d like and we can swap notes.

What are my chances?
Major Business accounting concentration
Golden four done in fall of 2017
IGETC will be done by end of spring 2018
GPA 4.0
A lot of extra curricular activities including leading a club
In state; Monterey Peninsula College.

@polypal using this metric: https://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/profile.html , you have a 22% chance of getting into the College of Liberal Arts at Cal Poly. Average GPA for a liberal arts transfer student is 3.39, so it might be tough.

@ashprox using the same metric hyperlinked above, you have a 40% chance of getting in as a transfer, with the average GPA being 3.26. Your chances are high, I believe.

@Nas22334324 you have a 16% chance. As long as your major requirements are done and you maintain that 4.0, you should have a solid chance of getting in. The average GPA is a 3.53, and you’re well above that!

No one has heard anything yet huh?

I checked today and nothing yet. Maybe next week?

I think Freshman may hear on 03/01 or 03/02 and Transfer will hear on 03/05

Ahh! I hope so. I really want to hear back I’m soo anxious. What makes you think those days?

I think Last year, Freshman found out on a Friday and Transfers found out on a Monday. Also, I heard decisions got pushed back to early March so thats why Im assuming it will be on those days.

Do we know why admissions got pushed back? Is it bc there’s a ton of applicants this year?

I don’t know the exact number but I heard there were about 7,000 more applicants this year.

my friend just told me that Someone heard back!!

NothIng for me yet

@alwayssunnyinLA Not me!

Major: Civil Engineer
IGETC: Done in spring
PreReq: Done in spring
Units: 60+
GPA: 3.76
EOP’s student

Activities:
Training with athletic team for 4 semesters

PLease tell me what’s my chances?
Btw. I got accepted to CSU Long Beach and CSU Fullerton

@HuyDang Look here: https://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/profile.html
The average GPA for engineering transfer students is 3.50. Acceptance rate is around 16%. But that’s for engineering overall, not specifically civil engineering. Definitely possible for you to get in.

@HuyDang I am also an EOP student, and I heard that it could increase chances because of diversity!

Some freshmen are hearing back, both OOS and some IS. Hopefully ours will be showing up soon.

So usually, freshmen get notified first? Patience is running out of OMG…