Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

4.0 GPA econ AA-T and IGETC done by the end of this semester, Full-time work and 1-5 hours of volunteering per week.
Still pending
RIP

Waitlisted… Child Development, Cuesta College, Golden 4, AST, 3.8 GPA. Still haven’t received the “survey” to place myself on the waitlist. That being said, maybe there are still more waitlist positions to be given?

Just a thought

@samssommers yes!! Join us at the CAL POLY SLO 2018 TRANSFER ROOMMATE FINDER on Facebook. I can’t post the link here, but if you can’t find us by searching, join the cal poly Class of 2020 Facebook page & I posted the link there.

I GOT WAITLISTED FOR CAL POLY SAN LUIS OBISPO AND IM NOT EVEN LOCAL.

I ACCEPTED SDSU ALREADY AND IDK WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE… HELLLLP SDSU OR CAL POLY :frowning: I already turned down long beach.

@__azj13mc

So you can still accept SDSU and be on the waitlist at CP. If you ended up getting in at CP I’m pretty sure you just lose the money you put down for SDSU if you wanted to switch.

But realize Cal Poly’s waitlist doesn’t usually come through, especially for impacted majors, so it’s up to you with what you are willing to risk.

Business major, still “no determination”, pretty sure I got rejected or waitlisted at this point with only a few days left. :confused: Although I just heard back from SDSU (admitted) on Friday and I was sure it was too late for there to be any acceptances at that point so you never know!

@__azj13mc
can’t go wrong with either for business. San Diego is ranked a little higher while Cal Poly has great placement and internship referrals. Have you visited both. Being that they both have good programs you should go where you feel most comfortable. But start getting excited about SDSU because chances at Cal Poly waitlist are historically slim. Many are speculating the waitlist to be easier this year so they do not have over enrollment problems, but this is only a “speculation”.

Major: Computer Science
Current College: Ohlone College
IGETC: Completed
GPA: 3.7
Major prep: Finished by spring 2018
EC: Student Government, an officer of a Computer Science Club
in Bay Area

Good luck to y’all! I still haven’t gotten a reply back from them yet, so lets hope for the best!

@yamjand I’m a CS major too. Mine is still pending.

I’m transferring next year but business is looking very scary …

Yup, still no determination for me either. It’s been fun all, best of luck to you all and your endeavors :slight_smile:

is anyone else having trouble with opening the housing application? it was supposed to open at 9am but it wont even let me log in through my portal

Always a cluster F when portal opens @itsluna27
Don’t stress too much. As long as you pay by 5pm you will be ok. Housing is date stamped and not time stamped.

Anyone who completed the housing application, was there a place for you to select what kind of room you wanted, submit roommate requests/designate what kind of learning community we want to be in? There also wasn’t a place for me to pay the deposit so I’m very confused. Is this happening to anyone else?

Why do we have to pay by 5 pm? @Goolia66

Housing application for transfers opens today @transferjess
You don’t have to pay today but it is first come first serve so you will be date stamped for the first day if you pay the deposit today and more likely to get your first choice. At least it is that way with freshman and continuing students so if someone knows better they can chime in.

Still no determination for me, even though I know it’s a rejection already by now according to past threads, why cant they just say that rather quickly…

Well my son was denied admission from SDSU today as a history major with 3.6 and 3.7 with grade bump for A.A-T

Were pretty local, less than an hour away. His #1 choice. But he was accepted into Cal Poly slo last thursday I think ? Which he doesn’t know much about and is about 5 hours away. Not sure which is harder to get into…but SDSU had both his majors, so that stinks. So I guess that’s where he has to assume he’s going unless he hears from USC, UCLA or by some miracle Stanford. So bummed.

Very interesting… I’m the exact opposite of your son. I am most likely going to SDSU which I don’t know much about and is further from my family and cal poly slo which was my first choice is most likely going to reject me any minute now… so bummed !

I just secured my housing but I’m confused as to where on the application that we indicate who we’d like as roommates. Anyone know?