Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

Rejected Computer Engineering major

Rejected busines admin. Anyone here of people getting accepted when submitting an appeal?

@thexbcp
I applied, but I haven’t heard back yet.
Did you?

I’m CC student from a foreign country.

1. Has anyone who applied to IT and packaging major still hasn't back?
  2. Has anyone who applied to Cal Poly SLO as an International student and got acceptance from any majors?

Thank you.

@sailorboy I sent an appeal last year because I had 4.0 for software engineering and work experience, I felt there was no way to improve my application. I stated I was a local with a wife who was a Cal Poly grad working full time in SLO that we could not move…there reply was basically too bad so sad, it is what it is. But if that is what you want to do then I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

Denied for Business admin
3.8 GPA

UCSB it is!

Denied bus admin, 3.7 GPA from Sacramento

Denied Mechanical Engineering, 3.8 GPA from San Diego. It’s weird that they didn’t send out any email regarding the decision. I’m still waiting for CPP :"(

REJECTED today 3/29
GPA: 4.0
Major. Communication studies
English and math req’s completed before I applied.
3 college awards, completed honours program, work an average of 48 hours a week with three jobs.

@sugarydiamond

Did you hear anything yet??

@bakaneko1223

The email is normally pretty delayed, by at least a few hours or more. My portal changed Monday morning and I didn’t get the email until Tuesday at 5 pm.

I was rejected with a 4.0 for comm st, nothing missing, all transferable classes, enough units, etc.
My brother was waitlisted for mechanical E, 4.0 as well.

Denied this morning at 10:30

At my cc:
Two EE students with 4.0s got in, 1 EE student with less than 4.0 got in.
Three CS students with 4.0s waitlisted.
One MechE student with 4.0 rejected.
One aerospace engineering student with less than 4.0 got in.
One MatE student got in (not sure what gpa).

Other private cc:
One Bio major with 3.5 still pending .

Major: CS
GPA: 3.51
Pending: UCSD, UCLA, UCB, UCD
Accepted: UCD (TAG)
RIP in peace: Cal Poly SLO

GOT REJECTTEEEEEEDD its ok because i already was planning on going to SDSU lol
I was a marketing major with a 3.8…

R E J E C T E D
CS 3.2
its okay UCSB got me :~)

@ayylmaoooo
Did you tag? Makes me wish I applied there

@ElliotR I didn’t tag. CS is a major excluded from TAG at UCSB. I got into my alternate major(applied stats) too, not pure cs unfortunately.

why my portal still doesn’t have any change? It still says appl received.

From reading this forum, I consider myself to be lucky!!
I got “conditionally” accepted to Cal Poly SLO on March 21 and San Jose State in early march (I live in San Jose btw)
Mechanical Engineering major
GPA: 3.61 (maybe go down after this semester because Intro. Circuit Analysis class is freaking hard!)
IGETC: not complete (missing 1 course after this spring semester)
Got denied by San Diego State early in March and still waiting for Cal Poly Pomona (but I accepted to SLO because it was my first choice)

Last year, I applied to UC Davis, Berkeley, LA, San Diego and got rejected to ALL OF THEM!!! (with the gpa of 3.59)
But i guess I was missing Intro. to Circuit Analysis course last year so i was rejected (required for most UC on assist.org for my major). I was really, really disappointed and madded so I don’t applied to any UC this year

I thought I get rejected to Cal Poly SLO because I was denied by San Diego State, but I was wrong and I’m glad that I was wrong.

@Waryisland wow congrats!!