Cal Poly SLO Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist Discussion

what is your major?

2 Likes

Do we know if they will be sending an email? or just keep checking your portal?? I’m just wondering, sometimes the email comes and it’s a couple days after the portal.

I just texted admissions today– students admitted from the waitlist will have 10 days after the email is sent to respond

3 Likes

Did you ask when it will be out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CS so probably not getting in but I’m okay with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes but as expected they did not give any information :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Make sure your kids check their spam emails! My friend’s daughter is now a junior at SLO, and found her waitlist acceptance email by chance in her spam, with only a day left to accept. A lot of kids don’t check their portals, and just check email.

According to my daughter from what she’s heard, a lot of SLO emails go to spam. So please check! Just came here to say that. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

I’ve read quite a few posts on reddit about kids failing classes 2nd semester worrying if their offers will be rescinded. I’m curious why SLO doesn’t request transcripts earlier then July 15th so if there are rescinded offers they can pull from the waitlist.

They usually keep the waitlist open until after the July 15th transcript deadline for that reason. Many schools do not end until June and it can take a while to review the final transcripts. The majority of the CSU’s have the July 15th as their transcript deadline.

SLO’s website says all waitlisted applicants will be notified of their admission status by July 15th.

SLO’s website says all waitlisted applicants will be notified of their admission status by July 15th.

That is what they state every year but they can keep the waitlist open as long as necessary. They do take into account there may be some summer melt and will be reviewing the transcripts as they are submitted. I have not followed the actual waitlist closed dates for SLO until recently, so I am not sure they stay strictly within this timeline.

This really happens? I would have assumed that kids who get into SLO or similar schools would be disciplined enough to continue doing well in school.

BTW, this waiting is driving my kid nuts. We cant complain though because she got into CPP for pre-vet.

1 Like

It’s the time of year, SLO Reddit has a bunch of posts pertaining to “Will I be rescinded?” And it’s not uncommon for other schools around the country.

1 Like

I saw that too…very interesting.

Any WL movement? or is SLO waiting for UC’s crazy WL release to sort itself out before pulling from their own WL.

1 Like

We have not heard anything from WL.

1 Like

Maybe another week!???

I cant even speculate. I know waiting is hard but given the odds of getting off WL we have decided to proceed with the school we committed to and prepare accordingly. If we get off WL we will think about it then.

1 Like

Same!