13. University of California - Santa Barbara
  14. California State University - Chico
  15. The University of Texas at Austin
  16. William & Mary
  17. University of California - Irvine
  18. Purdue University
  19. University of Wisconson - Madison
  20. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

I keep reading on FB about how there are record numbers of kids coming off waitlists this year and all I’m thinking is “Not SLO
I wish”.

You never know! Maybe they are just waiting a bit longer, they are probably one of the only schools to have their waitlist open until July 15th!

1 Like

SLO
W! Their whole process was slow

1 Like

That’s one way to look at it, I hope someone gets off the WL, literally anyone.

3 Likes

Agreed
maybe this SLO waitlist is just a myth??? :smile:

1 Like

I mean people have gotten off of it before and they are one of the latest waitlist to stay open so we never know

1 Like

Chico ahead of Purdue UCI and UNC!.

They are ghosting us! Lol good luck everyone!

Although the chances are small don’t lose hope!

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything yet. D27 has accepted her offer at U of Oregon and is excited to go. She got off the waitlists of 2 out of her 3 waitlist schools, but Cal Poly is the only waitlist that MIGHT sway her from Oregon. And it’s the only one she hasn’t heard from yet lol.

2 Likes

Congrats I hope she’s 3 for 3 for waitlist and I hope I’m 1 for 1 which is cal poly

2 Likes

Yes, in market outcome of Tech Jobs posted by WSJ on Apr 28, 2023.

I called admissions today and was told all their majors are impacted and it is highly unlikely anyone will get off it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

You never know it is always unlikely, there will be very little people but that someone can be you!

1 Like

Quick question
is it true that it cost $0 to SIR at SLO?

Wouldn’t this cause some problems for admissions and numbers. People who actually had to pay SIRed at multiple schools.

That could be true or not. It seems all majors are impacted everwhere. SLO is only school who has been awfully quiet. If they are so sure of zero need for WL, then they should let people know.

1 Like

Yes there is no deposit to SIR at SLO. The deposit comes in the housing application ($1500), which all freshmen are required to live on campus the first year (unless they get an exemption, which then they would be committing to go for sure because the process for the exemption isn’t easy). Housing application closed on June 1st.

2 Likes

Ok thank you

so either all admits who SIRed were on top of everything, honest etc. Some small percentage just clicked yes with no cost to them until June 1st.

Wouldn’t this skew some of admissions numbers.

Some schools like SDSU you had to pay $400 to SIR, $350 for housing by May 1st.

1 Like

It definitely could skew them but a lot of things could skew any colleges SIR’d numbers as well.

Now that June 1st has passed I am sure that Cal Poly is really working diligently to clean up their numbers and look at those who SIR’d but didn’t do their housing and quite honestly, that may make them loose their spots.

I also think there is still a lot of movement happening everywhere (especially in CA) at campuses and all of this will help Cal Poly with the shake out of available spots.

I know a kid who who was committed to UCD for football and just last week switched to Cal Poly football. Clearly his situation is different from the typical waitlist student because of the commitment to a sport but there are still things happening behind the scenes that they are working out in their numbers.

1 Like