Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2020

I do also think Coronavirus might be throwing things off. UCSB, the closest major public university to CP SLO just moved all classes online for the last few weeks of the quarter. UCLA, SF State, SJ State did as well. Perhaps the Cal Poly administration is slammed right now with that.

@littlebobo That could be the case. However there are a lot of colleges that have guaranteed that COVID-19 won’t impact decisions since it is an online process. I just dont know if SLO is one of those colleges

Hahah I freaking love all these comments because it gives me comfort as I have also been freaking out and refreshing the portal every 30 minutes. So far, have not heard back and will be marinating in anxiety until then!

Noo I haven’t :frowning: Hopefully by the end of the week!!!

Man, this waiting is no joke. My daughters both attend CP SLO and it’s business as usual on campus for now, FYI. Of course, from a Public Health perspective, that’s subject to change as soon as SLO County confirms any cases of COVID-19. UCSB in Santa Barbara county just south of us has transitioned to virtual instruction for the remainder of the quarter pending confirmation of cases in the community. The schools have action plans in the event that they need to do this and are more or less ready to implement them, so it shouldn’t (in theory) be causing a delay in determining admissions.

I have come to grips with the fact that they’re taking full advantage of the March 31st/April 1st “notification by” date this year for whatever reason. I haven’t heard of any transfer students being notified as of yet, so we can all remain hopeful for now, at least. I do hope they don’t leave us hanging for too much longer.

I guess we have to wait another day…

As of 7 PM PST, no decision on my portal yet… but it seems like a wave of freshman waitlists came out tonight.

Nothing here yet either. I’m just going to wait for an email, and assume they’ll send out decisions April 1st.

So more waitlists went out to the freshman this morning around 8-8:30

I had set my expectations low about getting accepted but as more time goes by the more anxious I get about decisions

Projections for Fall 2020 :slight_smile:
https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2020-21%20Enrollment%20Projections.pdf

Are these projections for people they accept and the student accept or are these for how many the school actually wants to accept?

This is the target enrollment, so this is how many people they think are going to accept the admissions. They will give out more acceptances than this because their yield is not 100%.

Hi everyone
I also applied to Cal Poly Slo as a transfer applicant for Fall 2020. Here are my stats.
Major: Civil Engineering
Local: No, Palomar College in San Marcos, CA (Northern San Diego County)
Golden 4: Yes A, A, B, A
GE: Yes, CSU General Education Pattern fully completed. (All 39 units)
Prerequisites: Yes
Major Preparation: Yes, except for a couple of classes that Slo considers as desired not required classes. I would have taken them but my community college did not have articulation agreements with Slo for this classes. (CE 204, CE 207, CE 112, CE 113, BRAE 239). All prerequisites and required classes are completed. I also completed a couple of classes at my community college that will transfer to Slo but they don’t have listed as required or desired for my major but I need to graduate (ME 212, GEOL 201).
GPA: 3.58 as of the beginning of Spring 2020 semester.
Total Units Completed: I believe its 102.
Associates Degrees: Yes, AS in Engineering and AS-T in Mathematics
Applied To: Chico State(accepted), San Diego State(accepted), and Cal Poly SLO

Cal Poly is probably my number 1 choice. My mom is trying to get me to stay local and go to SDSU (we are really close), which I got accepted to about 2 weeks ago, so will see what happens. I also got accepted to Chico about 1.5 months ago. Cal Poly is also the last school I am waiting to hear back from so I am anxious just like everyone else on this forum. For anybody who is curious, I called Cal Poly admissions a couple of days ago and they told me that historically they release admission decisions for transfer students in mid March and that all applicants will be notified by April 1st. Good luck to everybody and I wish you the best! We got this!

Damn, no signs at all smh

Chemistry major

nothing yet for me

If they haven’t said anything by 5:30 today. Maybe there’s hope they’ll shoot for next week?

That’s what we said last week lol

What if…due to the coronavirus pressure…transfer applications are called off until next year :neutral:

Im in everywhere else I applied: sjsu, sac state, monterey bay, sfsu, northridge, stanislaus, chico. I’m holding out all the way until the May 1 deadline for ITE if it comes to that.

That’s not going to happen. I called and said we would all know by April 1.