Chancellor/Powers-Knapp Scholarship

My son still hasn’t heard back. He met the 2/1 deadline. I called yesterday to see when they would release decisions and only got an answering machine. No return call.

Thanks for the information. This waiting is tough.

@CaBeachMom My DS hasn’t heard either and he applied for priority consideration. His friend who got Chancellor’s last year said he heard by late March. So my S has pretty much written off UW since we’re OOS.
Good luck to your son – hope you hear great news soon!

Hi @hafamama, we are out of state too. Since my son applied for the regular decision date, I thought he might hear back later. Given that it is early April and no word, I’m guessing we are out too.

Good luck you you and your son wherever he lands! I’ll share here if we hear anything…good or bad.

I applied for the scholarship, but I have not heard back yet, so I emailed the scholarship program. This was their response:

“Thank you for your email. All applicants will be notified of a decision before May 1.”

I assume this means that the awards have not been entirely given out.

@Goofysoccer Thanks for sharing! That’s cutting it super close. Hey @CaBeachMom – looks like notices are very late this year. Wishing you all best of luck. (My S has already committed elsewhere.)

They sent me an email asking for a decision april 20th. I know they technically cannot enforce it, but I believe it is so they may notify others of the award prior to May 1

@gradclass2022 A decision regarding accepting/declining the scholarship or a decision of whether you will be attending UW-Madison?

@Goofysoccer a decision regarding the scholarship

Has anyone received a rejection letter or is this something that is done after all the awards are given?

@MediocreMom My S didn’t get a paper one but I will ask him to check the portal if it came in that way.