Chancellors and Power Knapp Scholarship

@jjandj Too late. Deadline was Feb 1.

@jjandj this is off the topic of this particular scholarship which I think is actually targeted at a particular demographic. I know we didn’t qualify.

However, you can look at available scholarships here …
https://wisc.academicworks.com/

Has anyone heard who has received the Chancellor’s Scholarship versus Powers/Knapp?

Son offered Chancellor’s by email on Friday 3/29.

@mbuchanan1 Congratulations to your son!

Does anyone know if they release decisions on a rolling basis? Do they send rejection emails?

I also would like to know if decisions are made on rolling basis. A question for those offered the award, how much time were you given to reply?
Thanks

Prior to 2018, notifications are made by phone in the evenings, and they would only talk directly with the student. So it took weeks for all to be notified. Starting last year, they send notifications by email, and I’m not sure if they all went out at once. There is no deadline specified in the offer letter. As scholarship recipients turn down the offer, they would pass it on to the next person. So there are offers trickling out through late April and even after May 1. Based on past experiences, 2 former (2011 and 2015) Chancelor scholars, and a future 2023 Chancelor scholar, they send email to the recipients around mid April asking them to make a decision by April 20 so they can have time to award it to somebody else. They do send out rejection letters, so as long as you have not received a rejection, there’s still hope.

Btw, we are OOS, and son applied RD.

Decisions are coming out really late this year. It used to be early March.

In the KPS email that i received it mentions that one condition is to:

• Participate in the Big/Little Sibling Program your freshman year

does somebody know what entails?

Thanks

@Goose15 Students are expected to participate in at least one community service event per semester. Events are selected and organized by the students and last 2-4 hours.
Disclaimers: My kiddos were Chancelor scholars, but I assume P/K is similar, both administered by the same people.

deleted

I applied to chancellors/PK scholarship regular decision, and am so anxious awaiting a reply, because several people have already been awarded, almost a week ago. I haven’t received a rejection email either, but does it really take them over a week to send decision emails? if people have been receiving the awards and i still haven’t yet, do i even have a chance?

@clippers2323 See post #47

FYI, son received email earlier this week requesting a decision about the scholarship by April 15 so they “can move forward which includes notifying the applicants who are on the scholarship wait list about their status.”

Last year there were a total of 134 of Chancellor’s & P/K new scholarships. This is according to this article (https://news.wisc.edu/new-entity-will-enshrine-mercile-lees-founding-role-in-prominent-scholarships/)

I got the initial email with the PKS scholarship offer.

I sent and email to accept it and got a confirmation of my acceptance.

Since then, I haven’t received any information. No letter, email or call. In my financial aid info, it shows the scholarship.

On the original email offer, it state that they will send follow up information at the end of April. So far nothing.

Have you guys received any follow up information?

I just got my PKS scholarship offer today so they’re probably still waiting for responses from everyone before they send additional information.

First of all congrats to all of you who got the scholarship. My daughter applied for the PKS and so far she has not received any kind of info, either telling her she got the scholarship or not. This her freshmen year so we are not familiar with this process, this is very frustrating, what email address will she be getting this communication, is this her UW email account or her private email account…Thank you in advance for any insight. Cheers.