Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Anyone know if you are required to STAY in top 10% if you’re an auto admit? Not that I’m going to try this last year of high school but I’m barely inside to the top 10% and if I move down I don’t want my admission to be cancelled or anything!</p>

<p>Haha oh my gosh. I just have to start out by saying thank y’all! This is what got me through the week and helped me learn about applying for housing! I’ve been so eager and anxiously awaiting acceptance into A&M the day after I applied (August 2nd). It’s amazing to think I will be at the bama game Saturday as a future student!! Mind = Blown. It’s so awesome I’ve been accepted into the Dwight look college of engineering like many others and can’t wait for the experience I will have next year at TAMU! It’s so exciting to know 100% (even though I knew I would be accepted because I’m top 10%).
I have applied for random room mates and hopefully all goes well! I guess today was the day because three more people at my school got accepted :slight_smile: it’s awesome… Haha but for those on here that haven’t been accepted don’t become discouraged because my brother was barely out of the top ten percent (by one person) and got his acceptance letter in November!! Thanks and Gig Em! -Matt</p>

<p>Aggiering, look on Acceptance Letter in 3rd paragraph. It talks about Engineering School and the process for a specific major. After the 2nd sentence of the letter, you should see “Major” and below that “Preference.” That is the official classification. The freshman should all be Engineering with a preference for their major.</p>

<p>Just got home and found my great news too! I am officially a member of the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Class of 2018! WHOOP!!! I will be in Mays Business School and applied for housing in Hullabaloo Hall yesterday.</p>

<p>The wait was agonizing but definitely worth it in the end.
Congratulations fellow Aggies!</p>

<p>Congratulation to all. My S also just received his letter of admission to the A&M Engineering program. </p>

<p>The letter says he needs to accept by May 1, 2014. If he waits until then coule he lose his spot in the Engineering major? I am assuming that his spot is held until May 1st.</p>

<p>Yup…here’s what my AIS shows:</p>

<p>Congratulations! You have been admitted to Texas A&M University. Welcome to the Aggie family! To accept your offer of admission and affirm your intention to attend Texas A&M, please check the box below.</p>

<p>=)</p>

<p>Step 5! “Congratulations! You have been admitted to Texas A&M University. Welcome to the Aggie family!”</p>

<p>Hey me too! keep an eye out for me next year :P</p>

<p>Now that You’re Admitted brochure - </p>

<p><a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/files/7c/7cffb024-335a-4f38-af03-34c6c29d4338.pdf[/url]”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/files/7c/7cffb024-335a-4f38-af03-34c6c29d4338.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>When my son went to apply for housing it said he was an upperclassman and prevented him from requesting certain dorms. His acceptance letter says he was accepted as a freshman, did anyone else have this happen? He does have community college credits but still plans to attend as a freshman.</p>

<p>I heard that this is for top 10% people only. My friend applied and hasn’t received word yet, I think he is in the top 12%, are all of you who have been accepted in the top 10%?</p>

<p>PMartin2014, No. This round is for top 10%s and academic admits (top 25% and criteria-met SAT/ACT scores, as far as I can tell. I think they do rolling admissions so I’m not sure how soon they start the holistic review process. My son was an academic admit.</p>

<p>Zaphodmom, you should probably call the Admissions office or even housing office. I’m sure they can help you.</p>

<p>Aggieboys, thank you for the information!</p>

<p>Yah! My S got in Engineering! </p>

<p>Homeschool so top 25% but really high SATs! :)</p>

<p>congratz for getting in! May I know when did your son apply? Thx :)</p>

<p>My DS accepted yesterday! Whoop! Congrats to all!!</p>

<p>What is the preferred dorm choice for most Freshman Engineering students? It looks like the South dorms but I have seen a few posts where new Aggies are requesting Hullabaloo Hall instead since it is new.</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe122, Thank you.</p>

<p>My S applied end of August. He was in-state Texas resident. I do think in-state gets preference, first.</p>

<p>ENGClassof2018, I learned about the Engineering LLC dorm on this thread. It’s a Living Learning Community for Engineering freshman students. To choose it, put Mosher as 1st choice, Dunn as 2nd, and whatever as 3rd. My son chose it (Mosher) so I hope he gets it. Sounds like it has a lot of advantages for the kids in Engineering. You can search for the brochure on different LLCs that A&M offers.</p>

<p>D2 is in engineering and is currently in hullabaloo</p>