Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I’m submitting my app hopefully by this wednesday (Oct 2) for biomed engineering. SAT: 1720 and I’m in top 23%. Weighted GPA is 3.7. Took/taking ap bio, ap stat, anatomy & phys Honors, ap spanish IV, dual english, ap US history.
Part of cycling team, 4 clubs, and have a job. Over 250 volunteer hours.</p>

<p>2nd choice is biomed sciences. What are my chances for both? And do you think engineering is filled up by now?</p>

<p>Break down your SAT score.</p>

<p>Edgarm, in my opinion, admission chances aren’t good with that low SAT score. without a top 10% class rank you would need about 1800 to 1850 for me to be optimistic. What is the break down of your SAT score?</p>

<p>How soon did you guys receive acceptance letter in mail after being admitted? I was admitted on 24th Sept. I don’t even have an Email notification of my admisson. Thanks</p>

<p>^AggieW122, at the bottom of where you can view your application status (AIS), you should see a ‘Correspondence’ button. Click on it and you should be able to view the letter you will receive.</p>

<p>I am pretty sure there is nothing there since I have checked it many times.</p>

<p>@Aggiewannabe122: the document under the correspondence shows up almost the same day your admission tabs appear in AIS (and communicate admission decision is marked). There should be at least your application acknowledgement under the correspondence tab.
My mail came on Friday (9/27) so you should be receiving yours very shortly.</p>

<p>Yes you are right. But i have only the application acknowledgment. I wonder where the electronic version o the acceptance letter will be like? Nvm, its not too much a deal to have the email notification missing as long as I am officially accepted as an aggie. Hope to receive the Mail notification instead. Thanks for your replies!</p>

<p>Anyone know how long it will take them to give me my NetId to use? I applied last night and was just merely curious. Thanks and Gig em.</p>

<p>trentarm6 - The NetID takes a couple of days to get. I would say between 3-7 days you should for sure have it.</p>

<p>Anyone have any idea if any majors have filled up? especially Mays? Thanks.</p>

<p>Hi, does anyone know if your choice of major have an affect on your application? Also, if you check the box on your application that says you are interested in the Corps of Cadets, does that affect your application? Thanks.</p>

<p>In the past, choice of major did not affect your admission. You were admitted as a student then offered the major of your choice that was still open. If none of your choices were open, you use to get an undeclared major option (sorry can’t remember the exact name), so you could still attend and then later qualify for your major through the competitive application process after a certain amount of units/courses (varies by major). They didn’t reject you from the university if you were a qualified applicant. When you get your acceptance you can declare another major online if it is still open - so you can control your destiny if your first couple of choices are full. Regarding the Corps - I believe the checking of the box puts you on their list to contact, offer scholarship opportunities, and find out more information. I know it does not commit you to join the Corps. If you were thinking it might offer you an admission advantage, I doubt it since it is not a commitment just an interest and the corps is very popular (certainly not needing to entice membership with reduced standards).</p>

<p>Its only October, but does anybody know when some of the non auto admits should start to hear back?</p>

<p>Wondering too. I have a friend who is anxiously waiting. She has good test scores but for some reason was not classified as top 25% so she didn’t get an academic admit.</p>

<p>My DS was admitted to as engineering major today! He is oos from a school that does not rank.</p>

<p>Hello,
I submitted my application September 30th
Got my UNI number October 3
My AIS status is 3rd Step as of October 5
My Rank : 18/192 (10%)
but unfortunately my math SAT is 520
(I retested today)
Major: Electrical Engineering
Anybody knows what chance I have of getting in???</p>

<p>aggie18, are you from Texas? If so, and if you have the required coursework, you’re an auto admit to the university</p>

<p>You have to get the math SAT score up just a little to get admittance to engineering.</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son, vboymom!</p>

<p>Cromette–
Hey thanks for the quick reply and yes I am from Texas
I know my prospective student counselor told me I need a least a 550 so that’s 30 more points, hopefully I did better this time around </p>

<p>Good Luck to everyone applying</p>