Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I made all A’s in HS and wasn’t even in the top 38%.</p>

<p>I sent in my application on the 21st, but the same week the system for the transcripts was down, and my transcript didn’t get processed until the 29th. :frowning: I REALLY want to do biomedical engineering @ TAMU. I pass the requirements, (Math - 640) but I’m nervous b/c I feel like I’m too late. I honestly didn’t know TAMU was a rolling admission school, nor do I have any good knowledge of how college admissions work. SO…some people have been saying that the engineering school is full? Does anyone know about the biomedical engineering spots? I am #12 out of 689 students & also profoundly hearing impaired (if that gives me any sort of advantage for overcoming adversity)</p>

<p>Has anyone heard back from Business Honors??? If so, please post stats and when you applied and heard your decision!</p>

<p>Got into coleges of natural sciences</p>

<p>Applied November 1st as an International Freshmen student for Petroleum Engineering from an American International School in Asia. </p>

<p>SAT composite score 1300 ( 700 Math and 600 Critical Reading)
SAT combined score 1950 with 650 writing ( My School’s Average is 1730)
I am doing the IB so am predicted around 35-37 out of 45
There is no class rank for my school because we have less than 55 students and only around 40 are doing the IB
My career gpa is around 2.8/4.0 nonweighted and my school doesn’t weight (B- average in tough rigorous courses) </p>

<ul>
<li>Varsity Soccer</li>
<li>Model United Nations</li>
<li>President of the Broadcasting Club</li>
<li>Elected into Athletics Council </li>
<li>Founded a softball team to play in a league. ( We don’t do baseball over here unfortunately) </li>
<li>Over 300 hours of Community work since I happen to be living in a third world country because of my dad’s expat job. I really enjoy doing Community Service. </li>
<li>3 week internship for an NGO </li>
<li>Been on many trips with my classmates including flying thousands of miles to live in a Cambodian village for a week to do community service and learn more about the culture.
My essays will hopefully be great along with really good Teacher Recommendations. </li>
</ul>

<p>TEXAS A and M is my first choice. I heard that as an iB diploma student, my chances of getting in are a bit higher. What do you guys think my chances are?</p>

<p>If I apply by November 10, will that be bad? Seeing that a lot of people applied by August 1 :confused: I really want to go to A&M!
Stats:
2190/2400
1480/1600 (770M and 710 CR)
115/901 (Top 13%)
Senior year courseload: AP Calc BC, AP Chemistry
1st choice major: PetE
2nd choice major: MechE
International student applying from New York! </p>

<p>Will I be too late in applying? :O</p>

<p>Applly now as soon as possible deadline for scholarships and everything is December 1</p>

<p>You are auto admit due to your sat scores ,congratz. Just keep up your grades and you’re in.</p>

<p>Has any “review” applicants heard back yet??? I’m still on Step 3.</p>

<p>Astary, when did you apply? Also what are your scores & class rank? I am a review applicant too but have heard nothing.</p>

<p>If I am attending the university on spring 2014 am I class of 2018 ?</p>

<p>I am a review applicant and am wondering what my chances are and when I could get admitted.
I live in Houston and am Majoring in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1180 (CR:550 M:630")
2 good letters of recommendation
Class Rank: 111/834 (top 13%
AP Physics C, AP Calculus BC, AP English 3 and 4, AP World History, AP Government, AP US History
Race: African American
Applied in August but still waiting for admissions
Good essays
100 Volunteer hours
Work Expierience: Summer Helper for Cypress Fairbans School District
During the summer, I helped package free school supplies for the students who cannot afford it. I also packed school supplies for the homeless students in our district.
Extracurriculars:
9th -Freshman A Basketball Team
10th -Sophomore Basketball Team
11th -Varsity Cross Country
11th-Varsity Track
11th -Key Club (30 Hours)
12th -Varsity Cross Country
12th -Varsity Track
12th- Key Club
12th -Student Council Representative
12th -Science Olympiad</p>

<p>my second option was majoring in Computer engineering</p>

<p>^^^ You missed out on Automatic Admissions by just 30 spots. The top 10% students from each school get in automatically. Your GPA is good for A and M. Your SAT scores are decent. I think you have a very good chance and being African-American helps you.</p>

<p>Even for engineering? Because I thought it was almost impossible to get in…</p>

<p>It really depends. If you are an automatic admit, then its easy for everything. But if your a review admit, you have around 1 in 3 chances of getting into A and M in general. I am an international student and if i apply for Texas Tech or other such Texas schools I qualify for an automatic admission because of my SAT. My situation is really similar to yours. I would be an auto-admit for A and M because of my 1300 ( 600 CR and 700 M) score but my GPA is probably in the 25th-60th percentile since i have a 2.8 career GPA doing the full IB diploma, my school doesn’t rank nor does it weight…</p>

<p>@AGgirl18…
Ranked 28/214 (top 13%)
GPA 4.6
ACT - 25
SAT - M 590, R 580, W 530
Took PAP and AP courses
Lots of EC - most in 4-H
Over 100+ CS hours
Sent 2 letters of reference </p>

<p>I think my test scores are bringing me down.
Requested engineering as 1st and 2nd choice.</p>

<p>The SAT/ACT could be a problem. Your grades are good though. I think you have a really good chance. The fact that you are a girl also helps. I think you have a good chance with A and M.</p>

<p>What are my chances of getting into TAMU COE? My class rank is 117/415, so the top 28%. My high school is very competitive, the most competitive in my school district, which results in a low class rank. My UW Gpa is 3.67 and my weighted Gpa is 4.51. My Act composite score was 28. Math-29 English-27 Reading-27 Science-30 Writing-8/12. I took the SAT as well, but I didn’t do as well. I am involved in some extracurricular’s and am an eagle scout. I work roughly 20-25 hours a week. I have taken all Pre-ap/AP math and science courses through out high school. I am also taking 2 AP classes my senior year, including Calc AB, and 3 Dual Credit courses. I have already applied and all my required credentials have been processed for about 2 weeks now, so I’m just waiting. I know I’m not an auto admit, but what would you say my chances are? Thanks for the advice!</p>

<p>I applied early august, and I’ve been on step 3 since early September, I’m not an automatic admit however I’m close
SAT 1880 MATH: 650 READING: 630 WRITING: 600 (20 points away from the required 1300 :’(
I’m in the top 15% of my class and my GPA is about a 3.6, I don’t have very many service hours (about 40) however I’m involved in quite a bit.
How are my chances?
The wait for a response is killing me, even though I know the earliest I will review a decision is around early January, more than likely February.</p>