Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>You should be an auto admit. I think you will get in for sure unless you applied past November 15th.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I submitted my application on 11/21/2012. How is my chance right now?</p>

<p>Just checked AIS and saw that DD is accepted … she is a review admit and we submitted the app on Nov 19th, so that is a much faster turnaround than I expected. (But this is to Biomedical Sciences, which is not one of the fast-filling schools/majors.)</p>

<p>We are very happy about this…</p>

<p>@ TheCrookedOne,</p>

<p>Could you post your daughter’s stats? So those of us in the review status have hope? :-)</p>

<p>Turned in app 11/28…haven’t gotten AIS yet. Is A&M going to extend their deadline? </p>

<p>If not, I am truly disappointed. If they know they are not going to reply over thanksgiving break they should have put the deadline earlier, maybe Nov 1 or mid Nov. This way, we would have turned in the apps earlier too…sigh.</p>

<p>UT had a much faster response time (I submitted the app the same day as A&M), and I have already been accepted…</p>

<p>Welp, was really hoping to go to A&M…</p>

<p>StarSeraph I haven’t gotten AIS yet either and applied same day but good news is I think our applications will still be considered complete. We’ll get our UIN/AIS information in the next few days, its just because they need time to process our application. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think StarSeraph should be just fine.</p>

<p>for tigermom95 -

In-state
SAT: 2110
Class Rank: 36% (3.5 GPA) (hence not auto admit)
Essays: OK - functional but not sparkling
No leadership or sports, not much in the way of EC’s or community service</p>

<p>Do you mind me asking what her Math and Reading scores were on the SAT?</p>

<p>ATTENTION EVERYONE</p>

<p>Due to technical difficulties one of my perspective student representatives confirmed that the application WILL BE EXTENDED UNTILL DECEMBER 8 for those who submitted and application on or before December 2 </p>

<p>This means extra time to submit paper work
SAT scores transcripts ect. </p>

<p>Good luck everyone and Gig’em</p>

<p>Is there any way for us to confirm this besides taking your word for it? Is it posted somewhere?</p>

<p>Hey,Smooth76</p>

<p>You have an email to which i can forward the notification</p>

<p>I’ll send a PM</p>

<p>For The Crooked One,</p>

<p>Thanks for the info. Congrats to your family!</p>

<p>Smooth76, does that extension include letters of recommendation, since they weren’t technically required documents? I uploaded some today and am really hoping Business Honors will look at them</p>

<p>Extension include letters of recommendation</p>

<p>So it is confirmed?</p>

<p>Guys I just talked to a representative, and all of the engineering spots for auto admits (academic or 10%) have been already filled. Just letting you know.</p>

<p>pkielkowski I just logged onto my AIS and saw this,
"Due to technical difficulties experienced earlier in the admission cycle with the state electronic transcript system, TREx, Texas A&M is extending the deadline for freshmen applicants to complete their admission file. All supporting credentials MUST BE RECEIVED (not postmarked) by Texas A&M by Sunday, December 8, 2013. Documents may also be uploaded directly to the Applicant Information System (AIS) until 12 Midnight CST Sunday, December 8, 2013. "</p>

<p>Also says, “Please note: Extension is only applicable to freshmen applicants who have submitted an admissions application by the December 2 deadline and is for admission purposes only; the deadline to complete a file for scholarship consideration remains December 2nd.” So as long as your ApplyTexas was in you got another week for everything else to arrive</p>

<p>So decisions for review admits should come out soon no? Engineering wise?</p>