Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>No, that is not correct at all. In fact, it is just wrong.</p>

<p>For in-state students, if you’re in the top 10% of your class, you are an automatic admit.</p>

<p>For in-state, out of state and international students:</p>

<p>Applicants qualify for automatic academic admission (but not necessarily to the major of choice), if they successfully complete the minimum required coursework and:</p>

<p>•rank in the top quarter of their graduating class;</p>

<p>•achieve a combined SAT Math and SAT Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with a test score of at least 600 in each of these components; or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with a test score of at least 27 in ACT Math and ACT English (students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered);</p>

<p>•meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy; and</p>

<p>•ensure all required credentials are received by the freshman closing date.</p>

<p><a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted[/url]”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Is it your writing score you’re worried about? Because your reading score is fine, and your math score is excellent. Those are the main two they look at and the ones that qualify you for academic admit.</p>

<p>Thanks for the link :)</p>

<p>Has anyone moved to step 4 or 5 in AIS. How long to get accepted after application and all required documents are processed.</p>

<p>I’m on step 2 and they have received my transcripts. I’m just waiting on it to move to step 3. From what I’ve read from TexAgs boards, a guy working in the admissions dept. said they wouldn’t send out first batch of acceptance letters until first week in Sept. However, that could be wrong. It’s just what I heard from the board over there.</p>

<p>Thanks! I have been on step 3 for a week. Guess I am going to have to be patient.</p>

<p>Is there any way to let A&M know that I am taking the SAT again in October?</p>

<p>Chris4ian, it won’t matter if they know. It won’t change the way they process your application in the interim. If you submit your new SATs, and they make you an academic admit, they will process it that way when they receive the scores, provided they receive them in time.</p>

<p>Does anyone’s AIS show any of the admissions materials as “Evaluated” instead of processed??? I’m anxiously awaiting any kind of change…</p>

<p>Mine still says processed and been like that for the last two weeks. I check several times a day hoping something will change. I applied on 6 August.</p>

<p>Top 25% Class Rank, SAT CR 620, Math 660, Combined 1280… uhggg… 20 points below auto-admit… taking SAT again in Oct 2013. ACT was 29 (1 point under auto admit). Applied 8/5, UIN Recv’d 8/9. All required documents showed up by 8/12 and I moved to Step 3 on 8/21. I do not expect to hear more until: 1) I get a 1300+ on the next SAT, or 2) after 1 December when they know for certain how many auto-admits they have to offer to, and how many of those they expect to accept the offer, and thus how many full-time slots are left over for those who make the “holistic review” cut. I’ve been told they review and offer admissions on a first come first serve basis (i.e., the date all required documents were received), so I should hear by the end of December. Hoping for Full-Admit, and will absolutely take Blinn if offered.</p>

<p>I applied 8/17 and got my UIN 8/19. I was assigned the top quarter so I’m an academic admit with a 33 ACT. I’m hoping for petroleum engineering like many others. All documents except rec letters, which I’m waiting on, have been submitted and I’m just sitting at step 3. The website says my app is complete since the rec letters are optional.</p>

<p>Now it’s just a waiting game. Rumor is academic admits should hear by mid September since it is a given. I don’t know if that is just the university or if it includes the major.</p>

<p>I’m also waiting on UT.</p>

<p>Texasz - I applied on the 9th and still on step 3. Says everything has been processed but still waiting. I think I must check howdy 4-5 times a a day.</p>

<p>Hey I am an international and I am an auto-admit. However, TAMU asked to send the final high school transcript before registration. Does anyone know what the registration deadline is for TAMU for 2014 Fall courses?? Thank you alot</p>

<p>I am on step 4 communicate decision… but I see no decision being made>??</p>

<p>sorry. that’s a mistake. I am still on step 3… :(</p>

<p>Aggie - I think the registration deadline is up to the week before classes start I believe. I know that’s not ideal because there will be slim pickings, but I do believe that you can register up to the final week before classes start. Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!</p>

<p>So I assume you are saying I can send my final transcript even till as late as august 2014?</p>

<p>Yes - you won’t register for classes until the summer after your senior year. You’re okay on your final transcript.</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe - I know many international schools are in session until July. You can just hand carry a transcript to your new student conference and turn in on day 1 - at the first place you go to begin NSC there will be a table there to do so. If it isn’t in the school’s possession you will not be allowed to register (so hand carry a copy just in case).</p>