Class of 2019 Decisions

I have to say that my son applied to 12 colleges in total and this is the last one we are waiting for. All others were much more straight forward with the process and much less confusing. He was accepted to some big ones that receive just as many apps as they do like Stony Brook and UB. I guess its just a waiting game.

My son applied EA was deferred and has heard nothing. Last night his status did change to “Decision Made” and the “deferred to reg dec” was deleted. I don’t know what that means.

BTW, he has had a Financial Aid tab since setting up the Binghamton account in November 2014 so I think its presence or absence is meaningless.

We have heard from Albany(within two weeks from application) and StonyBrook(February and today). Still Waiting for Fordham. One got in to SB the other didn’t. Makes the wait for Binghamton worse since they are both waiting for responses too.

To lavalamp97 – what did your status say? only Decision Made?

@itsamumu‌ When I got in, you mean? It just said Decision Made. I wasn’t deferred though, so I never had the deferred status (I applied regular decision).

Thank you for the quick response. It’s confusing how some people who have been accepted just see Decision Made while others that have been accepted see Decision Made - Accepted Congratulations!

@itsamumu‌ Yeah that is weird. I think Binghamton’s website just isn’t organized that well. As hard as it is, I would try to not overthink it.

so I called today, and the admission advisor said that even though the status checker says “decision made” they are mailing all the decisions out for April 1. She said she couldn’t tell me if I got in or not, not because she didn’t want to but she couldn’t see it on her screen… I hate how they are taunting us with the answer, they have it, but they aren’t willing to share.

In reference to previous posts in favor of the idea of attending the community college, I can’t see how it is in any student’s best interest to attend community college if they intended to apply to a 4 year college. BCC is not the same as attending Binghamton University for the first two years. This is not a put down of community colleges. They serve very valuable goals but they are different goals and the students are very different. The commitment to education is often very different. Many students at community colleges are those who worked for a while and may be balancing the ir jobs and their families with attendence at college. It is a great way to get an education throughout the lifespan. Students include people who dropped out of high school, got their GED and are now ready to further their education, or who worked immediately after high school and did not have the opportunity or did not choose to go to college, for people who are older and simply want to return to school and for students not ready to devote themselves full time to a 4 year college. Community college would be an odd pick for someone who wants to surround themselves with others who plan to devote the next 4 years to a full time education. That is simply not the BCC student body.

From 2011 NYTimes article"Asked if housing a subset of community college students on campus could make them feel second-class, Sandra Starke, vice provost for enrollment management at Binghamton, said: “We’re hoping that’s not the case. We believe all students will be inspiring one another to do better.”

From what I can tell, this strategy allows Binghamton to fill its new residents halls beyond numbers that could be accomodated on campus so $$ for on campus bedrooms. Then they can fill the slots left vacant when freshman transfer out. So they have a ready source of substitutes.

Not sure if this applies but it sure is interesting. It is from the same NY Times article by LISA W. FODERARO. "Some admissions officers suggested in interviews that deferred admission had also provided an edge in college rankings. Because the rankings are based in part on the SAT scores and high school grade-point averages of freshmen entering in the fall, the scores — presumably lower — of students who are to begin later are not included. Deferring the admission of some students also lowers the college’s admissions rate, making it appear more selective

My status also changed to “decision made”. Hmm…

Did anyone get rejected letters?
Just like early action, I feel like they’re pushing the rejection letters till the end.
Mine has been as “decision made” since Wednesday and can’t pay deposit no email yet.
By the way I was deferred early action

@anonye‌ I didn’t even hear back yet. It’s been “Decision Made” since Wednesday for me, and I’m also a deferred applicant. It’s so annoying. I only have this school and Syracuse to hear back from, and I just want to get it over with already.

I thought Syracuse came out already though…?

Question: does anyone else’s application status still say “Complete ready for review” because it seems weird to me that they wouldn’t have made all their decisions yet

@anonye‌ not for me, they didn’t.

I have two daughters who have applied and the both still say complete ready for review since november. One is a freshman and one a transfer. its very frustrating.

I applied in mid-November and I am still waiting for a decision. My SAT scores are around their 25th percentile, except my GPA is near their 75th percentile, so I’m expecting a rejection at this point. It’s frustrating having to wait this long, but oh well. I have other great options!

I applied midnovember also. I also talked to a freshman I went to high school with last year and he said it is normal for admissions to be so slow and he said he got his acceptance letter in April.