Class of 2027--University of Oregon

do it as soon as possible. I completed it end of December and got to choose on the second day. you can always get the deposit money back if you tell them you are not going to be attending.

2 Likes

Do you have to know what dorm you want or what room type?

Hey everyone! If you know anyone who is interested in attending or is committed to attending University of Oregon next year, they should follow @uoregon_2027 on instagram where they can find friends/roommates! They also post updates/deadlines and other useful information for incoming students!

1 Like

No, I am pretty sure you just pay the deposit. You choose which style/dorm in July.

1 Like

Freshman (first time traditional students anyway - not all freshman fit this category) must live on campus the first year. You can apply for a waiver but you’d have to apply now as well.

Fill out the housing form now. It gives you a priority date. The items you fill in, like dorm preference, can be changed later without changing your priority date. You select housing in July so this is not locking you in to a specific dorm.

Also, as a side note, if my kid was in the honors college, I would advise them to live in the honors dorm as it will allow them to get to know those they are in class with better and also make impromptu study sessions with classmates easier since you’d already be there. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I agree that honors housing might be the way to go. Seems like it makes sense if you are in classes with that same group of kids.

We just finished the housing app and I thought I would update this post to let people know how it went. You do need to put your top choices of dorm and room type as well as meal plan at the end of the application. However, you do not officially get to select a dorm or room until July.

Has anyone received an admissions packet in the mail? DD was admitted in October but still nothing in the mail…

My son got something in the mail about 2 weeks after the email. It wasn’t large. It was a folder with his admission letter and a few other pamphlet things.

1 Like

My daughter got a small packet in the mail about 2 weeks after acceptance…it had the same letter that was in the portal, some stickers and some school information. She got the honors college letter about 2-3 weeks after the acceptance popped on her portal.

Thanks all… I called admissions after I read your responses (TY!) and ours was sent out but lost in the mail- they are happy to send another along and they were soo kind! Good ppl work here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For those who are planning to attend Duck Days, registration is now open.

2 Likes

does the honors notification come separate from the admissions decision? D23 just got her admission decision, with Summit scholarship (10k/yr), but didn’t see any word about Honors…

1 Like

I believe my daughter applied through the common app and had to check a box to show interest and write an additional essay. Her honors college acceptance came separately from her admissions acceptance letter and summit scholarship notification. She applied EA and was notified by Dec 15th for honors college.

2 Likes

My daughter was admitted about a week and a half ago w/the Summit merit as well but still doesn’t have her decision back on the Honors application. I’m not sure what the timeline is on that notification.

1 Like

I got the Minds Move Mountains scholarship, does anyone know if this is based on grades or other parts of my application?

I really don’t know! I think the Summit award that my daughter received was GPA-related, but I’m not sure. Congratulations!

Congrats! My son got that scholarship as well. I don’t know what the criteria were to win it but I did look at the criteria to keep it. They have a page on it that you’ll want to look over.

If I may ask, what is the value of the scholarship?

Thank you! Congrats to the others that received it. I don’t have the letter in front of me, $6000 per year I think! Students have to keep a 3.0 to retain it throughout their four (or five) years.