Deferred and Still have hope!

<p>I applied EA for BU in November. I was deferred to RC but didn’t expect to get it. My GPA is 3.8 but my SATs were an 1100, and I know they want much higher. However, I was accepted for the Spring 2014 semester. Hope everyone else hears back soon!</p>

<p>Denied from SOM. Oh well. If he had been accepted for Spring 2014 the only thing that would have helped is his ego because he wouldn’t have wanted to wait. As I said before, in the long run this may work out better in terms of the next four years but I feel bad for my kid who worked so hard and had really good grades, APs and recs. Regards to everyone who helped keep me (somewhat) sane and thankfully I will never have to go through this process again. Live well and prosper. :)</p>

<p>waitlist :frowning: whatever. I’ve lost interest in Binghamton anyway</p>

<p>wait listed and spring offer</p>

<p>The mail came today with the package from Binghamton. If I hadn’t already read it on line, the package would’ve been so misleading. It actually has me ticked off enough to write to them.Truthfully I’ll probably wait until there’s zero chance my D would ever consider this offer (which I’m 99.9999% sure she won’t).</p>

<p>Anyway, the green package says “You’re the 1 we want” on the outside of a decent size 8x11 package. If I hadn’t read that she was admitted for spring 2014, I would’ve thought for sure she got in. </p>

<p>I can’t help but think about the many that hold Binghamton as their first choice that are going to receive this package and be absolutely devastated. As though it truly is an April Fools joke.</p>

<p>I completely understand that the process is not easy and while I am still shocked my D didn’t get in first time around, I get that it didn’t happen. This package just topped it all.</p>

<p>wow thats crazy…I didnt get the mail yet…I wonder if that what we are getting too…</p>

<p>binghamton has been my #1 since the second i stepped on campus before this school year. After applying ea and getting deferred this whole process has become a waiting game. The package that came today made me incredibly annoyed actually. I have put my interest in this school for a long time and have yet to be given a real “decision”. signing up for the waitlist and if that doesn’t happen ill be attending Geneseo this fall. Most likely not transferring spring semester</p>

<p>I had an equally annoyed reaction on Saturday, so I never even gave them credit of April Fools joke. Some poor kid will dance in from the mailbox and then a read will deflate them. After going through this with Bing 2x in 4 years, daughter was accepted and elected not to go…I am really tiring of the Bing “tude”. Would not recommend it to many others instate particularly if you qualify for significant merit awards at any of the other fine Sunys.</p>

<p>@atibett dont be sad…Geneseo is a great school. My daughter will prob end up there!!</p>

<p>@GCmom415 I know it is and i’d happily go to Geneseo, I just dont know if the waitlist at binghamton is worth my time or not.</p>

<p>atibett, don’t question yourself at all!!! My D got into some really great schools and getting waitlisted and rejected by some along the way is just part of the process. Geneseo is a great school (and some argue that it’s surpassed Bing). You will end up being really excited and this time will become a blur!!</p>

<p>Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>It cant hurt going on the wait list…My daughter was put on the Geneseo wait list and was offered a spot for fall in 2 weeks after we did it. So you just dont know. I wonder if they threw everyone on the wait list or actually denied some.</p>

<p>Yeah i was in the same boat at Geneseo, and i do think that Geneseo is an incredible school–a lot more welcoming than Binghamton–so im going to stay hopeful that i might get the same luck with Binghamton’s waitlist. I know a friend that actually was deferred then denied so there must be more applicants out there like him.</p>

<p>My daughter was also offered spring admission via email - didn’t get our mail yet.</p>

<p>My D was offered a spot in the Binghamton Advantage program… Live on Bing campus, all ‘perks’ of bing student, take her 1st year courses at Broome Co. Comm. College. If she maintains a 3.2 gpa for 1st year, automatic transfer to Bing for soph year.
It’s an interesting program. We’ll have to weigh it against her other good choices.</p>

<p>My daughter was denied after an early action deferral. Everything happens for a reason. Binghamton wasn’t her #1 choice but she would have attended for financial reasons and the school’s reputation. After reading these blogs, I can completely understand why so many of you are disheartened with Binghamton’s lack of consideration to its applicants. We will now revisit offers from many of the other great schools that she was offered admission to. Congratulations to all of you. Best of luck with your decision.</p>

<p>I was denied. 1160 and above 90 gpa (don’t know how my school translates since our grades are a bit different and not on 100 scale). So disappointed this was absolutely terrible. I feel like I was dragged along for no reason. If i had no chance in January, I would have rather known then. I feel like they saw my SAT score and immediately discarded my extracurriculars, essay, community service, work experience, etc. I am convinced the SUNY system is ONLY based on SAT scores. Will be attending another SUNY… (no interest in transferring in after all this garbage we went through)</p>

<p>bingo13 i know how you feel since I haven’t really got a “definite” decision yet being on the fall wait-list. don’t count yourself out just based off one of the most competitive schools around. wish you the best of luck for your college decision</p>

<p>Hi, the decisions are still being pushed out…got a call in to admissions before they shut down as email/decision posting still pending. Spoke with a kind (and patient) admissions counselor who said they started pushing out the decisions at noon but not have completed all. She checked and confirmed a decision has not yet been posted; the tracker looks like this for us:</p>

<p>Admission Term: Fall 2013
Admission Type: FR Early Action no prev coll c
Application Preference: 1
Application Status: Decision Made
Decision: Deferred to Reg Consideration </p>

<p>We have the deposit in at another school, so we have a strong and very good plan B to ensure that my S will get a good education. Good luck to all!</p>

<p>I got that spring admissions packet today. I have to say like the other posters who received it said that it looks like an acceptance. I guess it is …to some degree. Those students who dont check a status checker may have thought they got in. So I guess that’s kinda sad. Im trying think of it how Bing views it… as we haven’t really turned you down since we are offering you spring and maybe they saw it as a more positive way of a let down. My daughter did get an email prior to getting the letter in all fairness. I could even go as far as saying that ED was from the very start explained to be April 1. So even being deferred from EA to ED they did meet the time frame they stated.
On that note the only gripe I would have with Bing is that we have all seen the out of state people admitted with lower STATS…I’ve seen it again and again. I know friends of mine whos kids were admitted with lower stats. That’s just not right. I also understand they are trying to give seats to out of state and meet a quota. It just shouldn’t be students with lower stats. I pay NY State taxes and they are a heck of alot more than I would pay if I lived out of state. I am also guessing my tax dollars support the SUNY system to some degree. I just dont feel its right. I would also not want to take a seat at an out of state college just because I pay higher tuition and not higher stats than that instate student. Its a buisness I understand. Those out of state tuition’s help us to some degree but I still hold my ground in saying it should be high stats first. I hope that makes sense.
That Bing advantage program sounds a bit weird. Do they charge less for tuition? They are using housing at Bing so I dont undertand.</p>