Duke black student alliance invitational? Does this mean I got accepted??

<p>Dear Prospective Blue Devil:</p>

<p>Greetings from Duke University! In recognition of your strong academic and extracurricular accomplishments, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Black Student Alliance are delighted to invite you to the Black Student Alliance Invitational (BSAI). This annual program for prospective Duke undergraduates will be held Thursday, March*22, to Sunday, March 25. We hope you will join us for a special weekend! We also want to let you know about Blue Devil Days, our two-day programs in April for all admitted students and their parents.</p>

<p>During BSAI, you will join outstanding African-American students from across the country in an exciting community-building event. A tentative agenda for the weekend is on this website, and you’ll notice that the schedule, just like life at Duke, strikes a balance among various facets of the college experience. You will sample life at Duke and learn more about our exceptional students, faculty, and facilities. The weekend will include activities across the community and as well as events designed to introduce students to our specific African-American community. We know that once you have spent this weekend with us, you will understand what it means to be a Blue Devil.</p>

<p>Would they bother inviting me if I hadn't been accepted??? I'm regular decision btw</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure this means you’re accepted. I got a similar letter from Vanderbilt recently, after applying regular decision.</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>cool! thanks and congrats on Vanderbilt!!</p>

<p>Cool. I got one too.</p>

<p>Did you get this via mail, or via e-mail?</p>

<p>nice torrizal…are u going?? and ncba24 i got it via email yesterday morning</p>

1 Like

<p>Darn. I applied to Duke and was hoping to be invited to that program but I did not get an email. Oh well, there is still hope.</p>

<p>hmmm sorry about that. people have been getting the email for the past like 2 weeks, so there is still a chance. hopefully… it just said they have limited space</p>

<p>It is fine. I was not actually expecting to get the email but I was hoping I would. Just because I didnt get the email does not mean I am not going to get in to Duke though.</p>

<p>so, it means that? I need to either call a coach or look at another school.</p>

<p>not really, they said that they can’t invite everyone…so that does not mean you did not get accepted</p>

<p>I got mine via email this morning. And yes I am going zambia.</p>

<p>ok cool!! see u there then! lol not that i’ll know you haha :P</p>

1 Like

<p>sometimes scholarship programs are separate from the admissions committee.</p>

<p>example – U of Miami. You get invited for the scholarship regardless, and if you are rejected/waitlisted, they take the scholarship offer away.</p>

<p>hope you’re accepted :)</p>

<p>Thanks!! Sadly the bsai isn’t for a scholarship :frowning: they have a separate weekend for that in April. The faqs said if u r invited to bsai then u are basically accepted unless something comes up on your end that disqualifies you. Still hoping for a scholarship though otherwise I’m done for lol …wish college was free</p>

<p>oh well what’s some more bad news? It makes other situations seem better</p>

<p>Bookmarked</p>

<p>If you got the email then I’m pretty sure you’re in, but not getting an email doesn’t necessarily mean you no longer stand a chance. The email itself says that the BSA will continue to send invitations as space allows. I only got my email yesterday afternoon, so there is still hope yet! Good luck, everyone! :)</p>

<p>For those of you that are definitely going, what are you bringing? And what time are you arriving? Can’t wait to meet all you prospective Blue Devils!</p>

<p>I’m going :slight_smile: Will be arriving between 8 and 12 on Thursday. I’m trying to remember to pack a dress for dinner on Thursday. (knowing me I’ll forget it)</p>

<p>What was your ACT/SAT? Maybe, that is a guide into what they are accepting this year…</p>