EA / ED Central (with Megathread links)

@CC_Joy Hi it looks like the countdown clock skipped over a lot of schools that haven’t released yet today and some tomorrow to show Harvard and Brown? Did @skieurope do that? :joy:

Bryn Mawr ED released at 4:00 PM today.

4 Likes

I changes it to show Oberlin and UT Knoxville. Wish we could have a counter for every school - maybe next round! If people have requests for countdown clock I can see what I can do based on popularity of the request!

2 Likes

It would be fun to keep changing to be the next schools up but you may have a life you want to live. :grin:

1 Like

ha- yes, that’s the problem! will see what we can do…

1 Like

Are people being accepted ED without test scores, just curious.

Yes. Son was accepted ED to Harvey Mudd without a test score

5 Likes

Can someone please confirm what the following means. My son applied to Tulane EA. He will receive his confirmation on 12/20. I just checked the CSS Profile and it says that an award letter will be issued 1/24/2022. There is also a portal link to click on. Does this mean he got in?

Colorado EA is Monday. My S just let them know he got into his ED school. Haven’t heard from L & C.

My son got into Bucknell ED last night (with test scores). Anyone else have a Bucknell-bound senior?

4 Likes

Anyone?

@Mwfan1921 can you help with this question from @samberni ?

Can someone please confirm what the following means. My son applied to Tulane EA. He will receive his confirmation on 12/20. I just checked the CSS Profile and it says that an award letter will be issued 1/24/2022. There is also a portal link to click on. Does this mean he got in?

I do not know what that means!

I wonder if it is an error…I feel like a recall a few of these from last year?

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi! Fairfield University EA is coming out tonight at 6pm. Bentley University ED is coming out tonight at 4:30pm. If you want to add them to the countdown/release schedule page!

Hi Mike,
Would you mind please creating one of these quick links with dates for Macalester? Thanks!

My son also was accepted with ED Bucknell with test scores. Business Aanalytics Major :slight_smile: Congrats to your son. My son is super excited and happy to be done with the admissions process.

2 Likes

MIT posted today
(MIT Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission)

On the MIT site-

This year, 14,781 students applied for early admission⁠01 to the MIT Class of 2026, and as of checks watch right now , we have offered early admission to 697. Though they are all different in their own way — sailors and sculptors, aviators and architects, poets and poi spinners — they are united by a shared standard of rigorous academics, high character, and a strong match with MIT’s mission to use science, technology, and the useful arts to make the world a better place. We can’t wait to welcome them to campus to join the 4,529 outstanding undergraduates already enrolled at MIT.

We deferred 9,489 applicants;⁠02 these students will be reconsidered without prejudice in Regular Action. If you are deferred, you are not expected to send us any new information besides the February Updates and Notes Form, which will be posted in mid-January to your application portal. We have posted more information for deferred students here; you can also read posts from bloggers who were deferred here, here, here, here, and most recently here and here.

Given the competitiveness of our pool, we have also informed 3,959 students that we will not be able to offer them admission this year. This decision has been made with care, and it is final. I know this can be a difficult decision to receive, but trust me: it works out okay in the end. Take a deep breath, shake it off, and go crush the rest of your college applications (or whatever else you choose to do) this year.

The balance of our applicants either withdrew from our process before we issued decisions or requested to be switched to Regular Action after applying, and we have honored their preferences accordingly.

We recognize it’s a lot of effort for all of you to apply to MIT. It’s an honor and a privilege for us to read your applications. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Again, congratulations to the newest members of the Class of 2026. I’ll be closing comments on this post to focus the conversations on the open threads for admitted, deferred, and not admittedstudents.

All best, everyone; wishing you a healthy and happy end of 2021, and bright beginnings to 2022.

3 Likes

My son was just accepted to University of Rochester, Case Western, Loyola Marymount, and UVM without test scores. He received merit scholarships at all but Loyola Marymount (who hasn’t announced these scholarships yet). I was really skeptical about his chances because he went test optional, but his transcript is really strong (as are his ECs) and that seemed to be enough.

11 Likes